Question regarding the PSP games on PSN

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

Alright, its like this, I wanna buy Persona PSP for my PSP but they havent released it here in Europe 

If I download it from the Playstation Store, will it work on my european PSP? Also, Ive never bought a PSP game from PSN, how does it work? 

Has anyone tried?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Venatio

Anyone at all?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

This site may be active for being so new, but don't expect an answer in only 4 minutes. Give it an hour, at least. 

Anyway, yes it will work. As to how it will work: once it is downloaded go to your memory stick in the Games tab on your PSP and the game will be there ready to be launched.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Venatio
@Driadon said:
" This site may be active for being so new, but don't expect an answer in only 4 minutes. Give it an hour, at least.  Anyway, yes it will work. As to how it will work: once it is downloaded go to your memory stick in the Games tab on your PSP and the game will be there ready to be launched. "
Do I have to update firmware and stuff on my PSP?
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

Yes, you'll have to update your firmware in order to access the PSN store unless you buy through a PS3 and transfer the download to your PSP that way. That said, I do not know if the game needs a specific version of the firmware to run regardless. 

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By nohthink

You will have to update the firmware and there is no region code on psp games so you can just download from anything region PSN(including the Japanese) and just put it in your psp then it will run. 

How does it work? 

1. Connect your psp to the PS3 or computer. 
2. Download the game via PSN 
3. when it's complete, it's gonna ask "do you wanna copy to the game to psp?" Say yes. 
 4. Done. It's gonna ask if you wanna delete the game from ps3. I recommend not, but if you really don't have enough space, you can delete it.(you can re-download purchased games if you need to download it again)

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Venatio
@nohthink said:
" You will have to update the firmware and there is no region code on psp games so you can just download from anything region PSN(including the Japanese) and just put it in your psp then it will run.  How does it work?  1. Connect your psp to the PS3 or computer. 2. Download the game via PSN 3. when it's complete, it's gonna ask "do you wanna copy to the game to psp?" Say yes.  4. Done. It's gonna ask if you wanna delete the game from ps3. I recommend not, but if you really don't have enough space, you can delete it.(you can re-download purchased games if you need to download it again) "
Does the game itself come with the update? because I read that the disc version does
nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nohthink
@Venatio:  

Disc version does come with the update. If you purchase from PSN, it doesn't. You're gonna have to connect your psp to your laptop and manually download the update file and update it for yourself.  

I found kinda weird... In fact, I kinda feel like there is an easier way to update your psp through ps3, but I'm not aware of it or something. 

but yeah, disc version comes with it, purchased version(as far as I know) does NOT come with it.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Venatio
@nohthink: So it will work as long as I have the newest firmware?
nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nohthink
@Venatio: yes it will
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Venatio
@nohthink: Do you know if I can use my swedish credit card and buy games from PSN? 
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Slippy

It will work, but temporarily you will not be able to play all your Euro games anymore. Eg, if you have a Euro account on your PSP to play all your Euro games, your Euro account will deactivate when you transfer your US game onto the PSP. All is not lost - all that happens is the account used for a game is transfered over alongside the game, so to reactivate all your Euro games you will need to transfer over another piece of Euro content. What happens when you transfer US Persona over is that the US account is taken with it. It's confusing and annoying, but until Sony let the PSP have multiple accounts, that's how it works.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Axersia
@Venatio said:
" @nohthink: Do you know if I can use my swedish credit card and buy games from PSN?  "
No, you can't. Just buy US prepaid cards on eBay. I recommend this seller -- they'll send you the code within an hour or so of payment (be sure to state you just want the code though, otherwise they'll send you an email first asking if you want the actual physical card or just the code, so it'll take a little longer).

After I saw how completely pathetic the European PSN Store was I didn't bother buying anything there and have just been buying US prepaid cards on eBay.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Venatio
@Axersia said:
" @Venatio said:
" @nohthink: Do you know if I can use my swedish credit card and buy games from PSN?  "
No, you can't. Just buy US prepaid cards on eBay. I recommend this seller -- they'll send you the code within an hour or so of payment (be sure to state you just want the code though, otherwise they'll send you an email first asking if you want the actual physical card or just the code, so it'll take a little longer). After I saw how completely pathetic the European PSN Store was I didn't bother buying anything there and have just been buying US prepaid cards on eBay. "
Thanks for the help