Questions about Chrono Trigger - Cross

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nasos100

Im confused about these games. I first heard about them some months ago, and then i got sort of impressed. I saw gamespot's review that gave Chrono Cross a perfect 10 and after checking wikipedia i saw that both games were actually pretty sweet for their time. 
Here's where the confusion starts. As far as i know Chrono Trigger was released on the SNES and Chrono Cross on the Playstation. The thing is, i would like to play these games but i have no clue how. I think CT is on the DS ( which would suck cause the price for it here would be insane, but still ) but nothing on CC. Maybe im missing something?
If the second game was as good as they say ( and i believe it is ) shouldnt there be some sort of remake ( like final fantasy IV on the DS ) or port ( like final fantasy vii on the PSN ) ? 

Thanks

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

The Chrono Trigger for the DS is great (where do you live that that game still would be expensive? o.O)  
Chrono Cross is one of my favorite PS1 games and I've seen that around on the internet for less than $20. 

But just because it was a good game it doesn't automatically mean that it's gonna get a remake. 
"it would take too long with all the cities and stuff to remake a game like those" or whatever dumb excuse some developer might pull out of their ass

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It's easy to find and emulate the SNES version of CT if you're so inclined. The DS version is pretty much a straight port graphics wise, they added a new section but it's a lame fetch quest with recolored enemies.

Chrono Cross was okay but the story was confusing.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TwoLines

Chrono Cross is sooo awesome.
And yeah, CT is great too.
You can find some WAYS to play CT on PC.
As for CC you can buy it from amazon on PS1. Worth it!

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rubberluffy

Chrono Cross has a convoluted fucked up mess of a badly told story, but it looks really pretty, plays nice and has a legendary soundtrack.  I actually just bought a new copy for cheap from amazon recently, since my old copy was in terrible condition.  Was totally worth it.

Chrono Trigger is just great all around.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nasos100
@ZeForgotten: i live in Greece lol. Final fantasy V for GBA costs like 60 Euros. Only one store here sells old games and they get carried off with the prices
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
@Nasos100: Holy... .. What?! .. th... huh?! 
That's fucking insane!  o.O
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By benpack
@Nasos100 said:
" @ZeForgotten: i live in Greece lol. Final fantasy V for GBA costs like 60 Euros. Only one store here sells old games and they get carried off with the prices "
That sucks. If you were to find a copy of Chrono Trigger on the cheap (or through other means) I highly suggest playing it. It's one of the best SNES games ever.
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nasos100

Since i dont want to mettle with Amazon ( a minor here, no credit card and all that) i would probably emulate both of these games. Unfortunately for me im no PC tech guy, even though its borderline complexity, so i guess im into a bad spot.

Im against piracy but this isnt really a substantial form of piracy.  ( To make myself clear, Getting CoD BLOPS or whatever else illegal for the PC cause ''Treyarch didnt care about the PC community'' is a stupid excuse. This is hurting everybody. Same goes for modern days and the excuse: i wouldnt buy it anyways, so instead im pirating the whole game.)

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nasos100
@GlenTennis: I dont have ethical delimmas against emulating the SNES or PS cersion of the original and the PS version of the second one ( for reasons i explained before ), but as i mentioned no technical skills
Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Natedogg2

Chrono Trigger is also available on the PS1 as part of the Final Fantasy Chronicles collection.

Chrono Cross is a good game, but there's not a lot of connection with Chrono Trigger. It feels like the game was unrelated to Trigger until the later part of development, and they added all the references to CT towards the end. Chrono Cross is still good, just don't expect a lot of story crossover with Chrono Trigger until the end of the game