Quick Looks from Dave, Mike, and Vinny you'd like to see?

Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lamashtu

The Dave, Mike, and Vinny Quick Looks are among my favourites on the site, likely due to their penchant for ambitious, quirky, offbeat, and niche PC games hailing from the former Communist Bloc (or parts thereof). Which got me thinking about some Quick Looks I'd love to see from them.

-King's Bounty: Crossworlds: If you thought the three couldn't Quick Look a game that's even zanier Mount and Blade and Flotilla, think again, as this article from the fine folks at Rock, Paper, Shotgun can attest to: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/10/02/kings-bounty-my-zombie-wife-the-belt-odoom/

-The Void: Like Cryostasis, it's an utterly weird, but eerily beautiful game with an unconventional, yet thoughtful plot (and it comes from the Ukraine as well, bonus). This should be right up Dave's alley.

-Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C: Considering the hilarity of Dave and Jeff's utter cluelessness with how to approach ArmA II, this should be worth some laughs as well when you consider that this is a game where you have to spend at least 5 minutes to start up your Warthog before you taxi to the runway! On the plus side for them, if the developers are to be believed, Dave should be able to fly an actual A-10 Thunderbolt if he masters this game at full realism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSIGzDMJ-ik

What additions can you think of?

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Feanor

After that Amnesia game I'd rather not see Vinny do PC quicklooks. He just kept making fun of it over and over while Dave was trying to explain the game. Doing that is awesome when it is an obviously awful game, but when its a good game that not a lot of people have heard of its not so great. People could get the wrong idea.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TepidShark
@Lamashtu:  More random simulators & weird russian games. So basically keep doin what their doin.
Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Mayu_Zane

Poor Vinny can't help but laugh and make jokes if he gets scared or creeped out; it's his defense mechanism to keep himself from freaking out.

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sparks50
More QL and QL throwback to old or weird games would be great.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Meowshi
@Feanor said:
" After that Amnesia game I'd rather not see Vinny do PC quicklooks. He just kept making fun of it over and over while Dave was trying to explain the game. Doing that is awesome when it is an obviously awful game, but when its a good game that not a lot of people have heard of its not so great. People could get the wrong idea. "
Video games are serious business guys.  
JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JammyJesus

Elemental: War of Magic 

I need to see how to play this game.
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

More PC games by dave.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

who's mike ?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" who's mike ? "
He's an engineer. He's been in 5-10 PC Quick Looks.