Racing wheel or Controller pad - Which one you're going to use for playing GT7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot in the near future?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

GTxForza  Online

Poll Racing wheel or Controller pad - Which one you're going to use for playing GT7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot in the near future? (21 votes)

Racing wheel 29%
Controller pad 71%

Dear motorsport fans

Not long ago after Polyphony Digital released their new trailer for Gran Turismo 7 called "Find Your Line/Lose Yourself", what I can see is the player uses the DualSense controller pad instead of a racing wheel for advertisement purposes, which inspired me to make this poll thread as I'm curious to know on which one that racing fans in the Giant Bomb forums would use.

Unfortunately, Forza Motorsport Reboot hasn't released a new trailer for about 1 year and 6 months, all we can do is stay tuned.

P.S For myself, in Sim Racing, Rally Sim and Simcade, I generally prefer to use the racing wheel with force feedback because it feels more realistic plus I can perform faster lap timing as well.

• 
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

I think we know taht some people buy wheels and they don't use them; so their spouse, mother, or themself decided to sell it.

And, so we can all imagine where all these wheels go, right. https://shopgoodwill.com/ And, we know going in we need to read the listing to see if ist was tested, right? We might look at teh listing then look up teh products to see what it works with - current or legacy, right? And, we know that being handy with a screw-driver and judicious use of silcone spray/grease on gears might help, right? And, maybe contact cleaner or ubbing alchoel and Q-Tip maybe for the connection might make thinsg works, right?

And, like I said you have to really look at the pictures and read the descriptions, to see what is being decribed, but you cna bid on a decent wheel if you put in some work.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTxForza  Online

@monkeyking1969: So what I can see on these racing wheels being shown in this screenshot, I believe these features bungee cord rather than the proper force feedback especially Thrustmaster T80/Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel.

Also, it showed up Wii Wheel accessory for the Wii Remote.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@gtxforza said:

@monkeyking1969: So what I can see on these racing wheels being shown in this screenshot, I believe these features bungee cord rather than the proper force feedback especially Thrustmaster T80/Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel.

Also, it showed up Wii Wheel accessory for the Wii Remote.

No Caption Provided

I see Thrustmaster T80/Ferrari 458 Spider on Goodwill...jus sayin.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ghost_cat

I wish I can be excited for a racing-wheel set when it comes to motorsport games, but none of them do anything special enough for me to warrant a purchase, so I stick to controllers. Maybe if I had one of those huge racing-seat systems with the multiple monitors, but I don't make that kind of money, nor do I have the space for it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm hopeful to be able to buy a Fanatec GT DD Pro wheel and aluminum extrusion sim rig as soon as I am able... However I'm not getting it for either of the games mentioned in the op (though at some point I may play them with it).

Playing with a decent wheel in (or out of) VR is just awesome. I have a Fanatec CSR Elite mounted to a Playseat Challenge, at present.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTxForza  Online
@whitegreyblack said:

I'm hopeful to be able to buy a Fanatec GT DD Pro wheel and aluminum extrusion sim rig as soon as I am able... However I'm not getting it for either of the games mentioned in the op (though at some point I may play them with it).

Playing with a decent wheel in (or out of) VR is just awesome. I have a Fanatec CSR Elite mounted to a Playseat Challenge, at present.

My only personal issue with the Fanatec GT DD Pro Wheel, it looks like the ones being used on concept cars but has the same diameter as the F1 steering wheel which is a kind of weird combination IMO.

I'd prefer steering wheels with Alcantara wrap on the rim, which feels much like the ones used in the proper circuit-spec race cars.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gtxforza: The GT steering wheel looks kind of awful to be honest - I cannot figure out why Polyphony insists on designing steering wheels with such a small diameter and cheap materials (they designed it), especially here where it's paired with a DD wheelbase. However, reviews from sim racing channels I trust have said it's actually quite decent and useable.

I'd definitely be picking up a couple of larger steering wheels from the Fanatec ecosystem and use the GT steering wheel exclusively for production car cruising. I would not want to use that GT wheel for rally.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GTxForza  Online

@whitegreyblack: To me, sounds more like Polyphony Digital hired a designer that likes this kind of steering wheel design so it end up like that, plus looks a bit like 1982 Lancia Orca's steering wheel too.

Yeah, I agree, that this steering wheel doesn't suit rally cars too, so I'd rather have the Sparco R383 steering wheel and get it mounted onto the Fanatec ClubSport or Podium Steering Wheel Universal Hub.

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rebellion91

I'm still incredibly happy with my G923 with shifter and the $120 mount I bought. Sitting in front of a 55" OLED is perfect. Having the wraparound monitors seems like a setup I would want if I was all the way in the iRacing type community but that is a bridge too far for how I like to play driving games.

The wheel has served me very well playing anything from the F1 games, Dirt Rally 2.0 (the implementation of force feedback in that game is stellar), Asseto, and I will be playing GT7 and maybe Grid Legends as well. People in the "community" seem to turn their noses up at the Logi wheels but I really like it.

And you can count on it being well supported in most, if not all, driving games.

I'm especially looking forward to getting back to more stock type cars that Gran Turismo usually has in spades. The 6 gear H shifter and the size of the wheel feels perfect for those types of cars.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GTxForza  Online
@rebellion91 said:

I'm still incredibly happy with my G923 with shifter and the $120 mount I bought. Sitting in front of a 55" OLED is perfect. Having the wraparound monitors seems like a setup I would want if I was all the way in the iRacing type community but that is a bridge too far for how I like to play driving games.

The wheel has served me very well playing anything from the F1 games, Dirt Rally 2.0 (the implementation of force feedback in that game is stellar), Asseto, and I will be playing GT7 and maybe Grid Legends as well. People in the "community" seem to turn their noses up at the Logi wheels but I really like it.

And you can count on it being well supported in most, if not all, driving games.

I'm especially looking forward to getting back to more stock type cars that Gran Turismo usually has in spades. The 6 gear H shifter and the size of the wheel feels perfect for those types of cars.

I 100% agreed that the Logitech G923 is a pretty good wheelbase so far, well I also believe that GT7 is going to be another iRacing of Simcade because of the online mode wise just like its predecessor (GT Sport).

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only use my wheel for F1 (I actually bought it for F1), I just use controller for Forzas.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTxForza  Online

I only use my wheel for F1 (I actually bought it for F1), I just use controller for Forzas.

So have you ever tried using the racing wheel for the Forza series before?

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I play F1 in first person but I like to play Forza in 3rd person and it just feels weird

hugador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thrustmaster T150