Razor Game Booster?

zellar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zellar

Hey Guys and Gals, I am an avid PC gamer and I am wondering if anyone uses Razor Game Booster. It is a program to boost your games and make them run better. It is "free" so I am wondering what is the catch and if it really works? Thank you and keep on PC gaming!!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

It just terminates all processes that aren't needed. That's it. If you aren't running a bunch of bloatware you have 0 use for it.

zellar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's what I read about it and if that's it then you're right who needs it? I guess people with slower pc's.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@corruptedevil said:

It just terminates all processes that aren't needed. That's it. If you aren't running a bunch of bloatware you have 0 use for it.

That's not completely true. If it's anything like Gboost (and it sounds like it's essentially the same thing) it can be useful even if you aren't irresponsible with your computer. I tend to be very careful with installing stuff and having a lot of background processes, but in cases where I come up just short of 60FPS in a game with the settings I want Gboost has been able to improve the performance ever so slightly.

No matter how careful you are every PC has background processes that eat up some amount of resources, and with high intensive games freeing up those resources can make a noticable difference in performance.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I don't want yet another piece of software installed that is going to decide for me which processes aren't needed. If you're having frame rate problems because of background processes, something is seriously wrong with your PC anyway.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I tried it out just now with a few games. Now I don't have a very strong computer to begin with, but I honestly felt it did absolutely nothing.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@mb said:

I don't want yet another piece of software installed that is going to decide for me which processes aren't needed. If you're having frame rate problems because of background processes, something is seriously wrong with your PC anyway.

WIth Gboost you can choose which programs it's allowed to close and which remain open. Also, it's not about fixing frame rate issues, but maybe giving you a boost from mid 50s to a steady 60 without having to drop settings down. My computer isn't terrible, but it's not a supercomputer either. I'll take anything I can to get games looking as good as possible with a steady frame rate.