Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LastNinja

Check this out:

Now that is most likely a fake, but look at this:

So it should be possible at some point in the near future, I mean at least with the miniatures :)

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GTCknight

@LastNinja: YES, all I have to say to this entire idea is FUCK YES!!!! I am not joking at all, it's hard to make all of that not sound like sarcasm and I'm to tired.

I would actually pay someone real money to go and watch one of those races. Let alone drive in a race.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xbob42

Considering it appears that you'll be locked at a certain speed/angle I'd imagine real races would be kinda weird. Wouldn't it all be based on the magnetic force of the track? Or maybe you'd have crazy ass magnetic boosters on the back of your vehicle that if you over-accelerate you'll fly off the track and into the crowd. That'd be fucking sweet.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By themangalist

I can't imagine real-life transportation done like that, rebuilding all the roads (adding magnetic fields?), and having cars that emit steam (which looks awfully dumb)...

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@xbob42: Rockets still work with that system as far as I know, and I'm sure aero dynamics and momentum will play a massive part in a real life full sized race.

Personally I think this is more interesting for public transit. Just cause trains are cooler with smoke, only this is high tech smoke!

And I wouldn't say it's fake, although I don't know much about that particular phenomenon so I can't say. But I'm pretty sure a track of that kind is totally possible.

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LastNinja

@xbob42: As per WipeOut you would change your angle and speed using jet engines and air brakes :)

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xbob42

@LastNinja said:

@xbob42: As per WipeOut you would change your angle and speed using jet engines and air brakes :)

Sounds awesome -- my question stands, though, with enough velocity/force would you be able to break your quantum lock to the track and fly into the crowd in a display of human engineering and failure?!

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LastNinja

@xbob42: Most likely

oasis789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By oasis789

That is pretty crazy stuff. Soon we'll have hoverboards a la back to the future 2