Reasons to skip Destruction AllStars? (Opinions)

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear driving gamers

The reason why I would personally skip Destruction AllStars because I'm not a fan of demolition derby games, well the last demolition derby game I've played was Wreckfest and I'm getting bored of it personally.

Here are the 3 other announced future driving games that I would rather look forward to the following are:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Forza Motorsport Reboot
  • Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
taylorwmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol ok...

GloveSlipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I watched some play time with Destruction Allstars and it’s not for me either. Seems very frantic and I’m losing my ability to keep up in games like that...I’m old. It also seems like a very different game than the alts you mention. Which for me, is a good thing. I’m glad there are some good, more traditional, driving games on the horizon.

That being said, I’m curious how Allstars will do. Being a PS+ game where there is limited games for the PS5, it might get some attention. My best guess is it will have a hot month or so and then die out. I was a thousand percent wrong about Rocket League so who knows.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched some play time with Destruction Allstars and it’s not for me either. Seems very frantic and I’m losing my ability to keep up in games like that...I’m old. It also seems like a very different game than the alts you mention. Which for me, is a good thing. I’m glad there are some good, more traditional, driving games on the horizon.

That being said, I’m curious how Allstars will do. Being a PS+ game where there is limited games for the PS5, it might get some attention. My best guess is it will have a hot month or so and then die out. I was a thousand percent wrong about Rocket League so who knows.

Yeah, I know the 3 other driving games I've mention are totally different compared to this.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gtxforza said:

Dear driving gamers

The reason why I would personally skip Destruction AllStars because I'm not a fan of demolition derby games, well the last demolition derby game I've played was Wreckfest and I'm getting bored of it personally.

Here are the 3 announced future driving games that I would rather look forward to the following are:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown

Add to that, its a cash grab, half of it is behind pay walls... They caught onto the idea that rocket leauge and other free multiplayer indies get popular by being free.

Second point.

How do you feel about the new trend of splashing you with ads at every level of a game on ios (makes me delete the game for wasting my time but by then they got their money's worth in two ads) or free to play games and making you pay for 2 weeks or so without ads instead of the loot boxes etc. I heard the new format will be ads everywhere to offset the cost. Is the era of a game for 60 bucks with everything on it over. I liked when games started allowing Whales to pay for free maps so I wasn't playing dead games cause the player base got fractioned months after release, but everything in gaming is moving in weird directions to see what sticks. Then there's the whole idea devs try to push that no one wants single-player games anymore, always online, live service is best, etc. Then games like Last of Us 2 or God of War come out and prove otherwise. Should we expect one or two big titles fully featured and the rest are trend-chasing Among us or loot box yadda yadda. Is it all going the way of AAA blockbuster movies after the bar for success was set by marvel and execs to think earning less than 1 billion is a failure. Just ranting.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:

Dear driving gamers

Here are the 3 announced future driving games that I would rather look forward to the following are:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown

Add to that, its a cash grab, half of it is behind pay walls... They caught onto the idea that rocket leauge and other free multiplayer indies get popular by being free.

Second point.

How do you feel about the new trend of splashing you with ads at every level of a game on ios (makes me delete the game for wasting my time but by then they got their money's worth in two ads) or free to play games and making you pay for 2 weeks or so without ads instead of the loot boxes etc. I heard the new format will be ads everywhere to offset the cost. Is the era of a game for 60 bucks with everything on it over. I liked when games started allowing Whales to pay for free maps so I wasn't playing dead games cause the player base got fractioned months after release, but everything in gaming is moving in weird directions to see what sticks. Then there's the whole idea devs try to push that no one wants single-player games anymore, always online, live service is best, etc. Then games like Last of Us 2 or God of War come out and prove otherwise. Should we expect one or two big titles fully featured and the rest are trend-chasing Among us or loot box yadda yadda. Is it all going the way of AAA blockbuster movies after the bar for success was set by marvel and execs to think earning less than 1 billion is a failure. Just ranting.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of free 2 play games in general.