Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By OtakuRay
RE5 on PC?!
RE5 on PC?!

Resident Evil 5 has been dated for the PC, though the bad news is that it won't be out this year according to MCV UK who also revealed the UK release date for Street Fighter IV.

Capcom looks set to have a busy first quarter in fact, with Bionic Commando, MotoGP Wii, Dead Rising Wii, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 launching all in the first few months.

Resident Evil 5 will, according to the release, be launching on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 on March 13th next year. Street Fighter IV meanwhile will get launched on the same platforms, PC included, on February 20th.

Resident Evil 5 has proven a controversial title for Capcom so far. Not only does the game shift the action from gothic corridors and creepy villages to sunny Africa but it has also been accused of racism and portraying Africa in a negative, poverty-wracked light. Capcom however has refuted these claims.

So, while the bad news is that the game won't be out until March next year, Capcom is at least keeping it's promises and staying close to the PC platform by releasing the game on PC and console formats at the same time.
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By OtakuRay
RE5 on PC?!
RE5 on PC?!

Resident Evil 5 has been dated for the PC, though the bad news is that it won't be out this year according to MCV UK who also revealed the UK release date for Street Fighter IV.

Capcom looks set to have a busy first quarter in fact, with Bionic Commando, MotoGP Wii, Dead Rising Wii, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 launching all in the first few months.

Resident Evil 5 will, according to the release, be launching on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 on March 13th next year. Street Fighter IV meanwhile will get launched on the same platforms, PC included, on February 20th.

Resident Evil 5 has proven a controversial title for Capcom so far. Not only does the game shift the action from gothic corridors and creepy villages to sunny Africa but it has also been accused of racism and portraying Africa in a negative, poverty-wracked light. Capcom however has refuted these claims.

So, while the bad news is that the game won't be out until March next year, Capcom is at least keeping it's promises and staying close to the PC platform by releasing the game on PC and console formats at the same time.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well it's great that the date has finally been revealed. I had wondered if it was going to even happen.

DMC4 PC had piracy issues and sold very little, even though it was the by far the best version.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru
Linkyshinks said:
"DMC4 PC had piracy issues and sold very little, even though it was the by far the best version."
I don't think it would have sold much even if it wasn't for the piracy.  I just can't see the majority of DMC fans wanting to play it on the PC.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah I see what your saying Bruk, but the 360 pad is a option.

That aside, you two should really be friends I think. Ms Otaku is a sexy rock bitch who also shares a  love for Dante and the DMC games.

Linkyshinks, bringing Giant Bomb together :D

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Vod_Crack

RE4 on the PC was a mess... No respect for Capcom ports now

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah, it was indeed a mess (being kind), but look at the last Capcom PC port, actually made by Capcom, and not SourceNext.

I say again, DMC4 PC was better than the 360 version and the PS3 game.

There is no reason to think that it will be crap given the quality of the PC version of that last game. PC versions allow for some graphical updates that are simply not possible on console versions.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By clubsandwich

Playing RE on PC is like playing Counter Strike on console, it's just a big fat no.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
clubsandwich said:
"Playing RE on PC is like playing Counter Strike on console, it's just a big fat no."

Dead Space on PC, a game of a very similar style works fine. I am choosing to play that with Keyboard and mouse because I actually find it a lot more fun with a mouse dissecting Necro's.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

here's the question, who would want to get the pc version of Street Fighter?
I understand RE5, if it's your only solution, get a gamepad.   But a fighting game on a pc?  Just seems so reverse of what the lure is.  Fighting games are about kicking it back on the couch with your friends

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
SmugDarkLoser said:
"here's the question, who would want to get the pc version of Street Fighter?
I understand RE5, if it's your only solution, get a gamepad.   But a fighting game on a pc?  Just seems so reverse of what the lure is.  Fighting games are about kicking it back on the couch with your friends"

Someone who wants a arcade perfect version with greater technical flair than the console versions. 

The original arcade version runs on Taito's Type X2 arcade system, which is actually a PC running Windows XP Embedded. The Type X2 cabinet has a recognisable ATX desktop case containing off-the-shelf components, and like any PC it can be upgraded with any hardware the motherboard chipset supports. With my PC specs, which are way above those that Capcom roll out in their cabinets, the game will look awesome. Especially so on my 30inch Dell monitor :P

On your lure point, it depends entirely on one's PC set up. My set up is on wheels a gets rolled out in front of the couch often for fighting games, when I play my Dreamcast fighters on my PC monitor.