DigitalErsatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DigitalErsatz

Hello guys,

I bought RE: R yesterday and so far have had a tremendous time with it. I've never been a RE fanboy, in fact, the only other RE game I've played was RE 4 for the Wii. Nintendo's decision to launch the Circle Pad Pro alongside this game makes a lot of sense as -- in my opinion -- it significantly improves the gameplay experience over playing without it.

A lot of people complained of the lack of a second stick on the 3DS and now a lot of people are complaining of having to buy one for the system. I agree that it should not be necessary, or as expensive, but it is what it is and I think this is a great opportunity for us 3DS owners to support the future of the console.

It is my hope that not only does RE: R sell really well so that we can continue to have high-quality games on the 3DS, but that the Circle Pad Pro also sells really well (having it be a Gamestop exclusive was a terrible idea) so that other developers embrace it and release games supporting it. If there is a large number of Circle Pad Pro owners, then developers will be more comfortable with the idea of putting games out on the 3DS knowing the experiences will not be limited, and isn't that what we want?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Klei

People are usually dim-witted dicks. Of course they'll fucking whine over having to pay a TWENTY DOLLARRRRS accessory ( funny thing is, they asked for it in the first place ). Just like Brad Shoemaker ( oh do I dislike this ''oh-god'' spewing unskilled reviewer ). He bitches that paying 20 bucks for the accessory is like paying twice the same game and that for him, it isn't worth destroying the 3DS esthetic to play RE:R. I MEAN COME ON!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

We "want" the system to be made with all of the buttons it should have in the first place.

I can't really see how Nintendo went wrong here. The PSP's lack of a second analog stick was constantly complained about, so why on Earth didn't Nintendo include a second circle pad? And a touch screen doesn't really double as a circle pad. Plus, there's the little issue of how left handers (like me) are supposed to play games that might require the use of the circle pad and the touch screen at the same time.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

3DS2 will happen.

DigitalErsatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DigitalErsatz

@Klei: I agree with you that Brad's review of the game was not a good one, I'm not saying it should have received a 5/5 but it is certainly a 4/5 at least. I think he based his review too much on the idea of a handheld game experience being better on a console, which is always going to be the case. Arguing that a game experience is better on a console does not make sense.

DigitalErsatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DigitalErsatz

@ThePhantomnaut: I think a 3DS 2 will happen though I wouldn't really hold my breath on that one. The release of the Circle Pad Pro says to me this is how Nintendo is fixing the problem for the immediate future, I think they're using it to test out how much people really want a second stick and more shoulder buttons. Even if it sells really well, they will most likely wait at least a couple of years before releasing the 3DS 2 for fear of angering the people that bought the original 3DS and not the Circle Pad Pro. Once the 3DS 2 comes with second stick, developers will not make games that only require a single one as much.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@DigitalErsatz: Complaining that a game on a handheld would be better on a TV is nothing new, but I once read a review of SSFIV 3D Edition in which the reviewer complained that it couldn't make use of an arcade stick.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#9  Edited By sammo21

Case failed. The addition of a circle pad pro admits the console, which is barely a year old, had a flaw in its design. Honestly, I'm not sure how Nintendo even did concepts without a second analog. Sometimes they feel like the George Lucas of the video game hardware world where they made 1/2 cocked decisions on hardware, then offer the "correct" version and people start to zombie into and say "oh wow, they really innovate don't they?"

I'm calling it. At e3 they will announce a new model 3DS with second analog and extended battery life. Also, Reggie will act like its the second coming of Christ to awkward silence. Oh, and some more bs involving a mii.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@Sammo21: I shall save your statement for future use.
No Caption Provided
DigitalErsatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DigitalErsatz

@Sammo21: I don't know if I would say that the 3DS is a flawed machine; I think Nintendo did a bad job of anticipating what kinds of games people would want to play on their machine and are now trying to fix the problem by releasing peripherals such as the Circle Pad Pro. Technolody and the video game landscape has changed a lot since the DS was released and Nintendo failed to see that gamers have become more demanding in terms of what they expect handhelds to do. You could argue that the 3DS is flawed if it didn't work from a technical standpoint, but it does.

Whamola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Whamola

I think the problem isn't that Nintendo is selling an add-on, it's that they're selling something that should have just been on the system to begin with.

Everyone is aware of the limitations of only having one stick, and they've been aware since the previous hand-helds came out. It's just ridiculous that Nintendo somehow didn't see this, and not only that, but their solution to the problem was incredibly unwieldy. So it's not so much that people are upset about paying twenty bucks, they're upset because they're buying an add-on that should have been unnecessary.

It's not a big deal in the long run, but it's like selling someone a car without a driver's seat.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

I hope the circle pad bombs honestly. Not gonna buy another 3DS for a stick, and I'm sure as hell not making my current 3DS look like a friggin Game Gear.