#1 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

I need to find this video now, can someone find it for me or know where I can get it, Ive been looking for it for over an hour now :P

#2 Posted by 1DER (82 posts) -

Here you go duder.

#3 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

You mean this one?

#4 Posted by Superkenon (1430 posts) -
#5 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

YES YES YES, THANK YOU, a million times YES!!!

#6 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Somehow I've never seen this before and I fucking love it.

#7 Edited by galloughs (192 posts) -

it's not ok to say "jap" dev

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I see a lot of younger people use "Jap" as an abbreviation on the internet. They have no idea it became a pejorative for Japanese during WWII. Interesting to think about the idea that if such a word loses its power, and people quit reminding those that innocently use it that it is wrong, it just becomes another innocent term, isn't it?

#9 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3725 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@galloughs said:

I see a lot of younger people use "Jap" as an abbreviation on the internet. They have no idea it became a pejorative for Japanese during WWII. Interesting to think about the idea that if such a word loses its power, and people quit reminding those that innocently use it that it is wrong, it just becomes another innocent term, isn't it?

And putting a period after the word suggests that it was most likely being used as an abbreviation, especially with the character limit on thread titles.

#10 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5476 posts) -

That stare off was fucking magical.

#11 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@spaceinsomniac said:

@mcghee said:

@galloughs said:

And putting a period after the word suggests that it was most likely being used as an abbreviation, especially with the character limit on thread titles.

Yeah I know that "Jap" is a derogatory term that is why I put the period so people would know it was an abbreviation. I didn't mean any offense, sorry if it still came across that way.

and even when your 26 you have momentary lapses of poor judgement...i was still shook up about Ryan's death I didn't even think about the abbreviation i should had put JP.

#12 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@galloughs said:

Using Jap. Dev insinuates that the person does not know who SWERY is - and that is a mortal sin, quite frankly.

#13 Edited by StarvingGamer (8227 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@galloughs said:

Innocent term to them maybe, but that doesn't really help those of us who have been taught to get their hackles up whenever they see/hear it.

#14 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

Like I said it was my fault and I apologize. If a moderator would just lock this post I would be extremely grateful...I shouldn't had abbreviated in that way...I was stupid on my part, no one else's fault than my own...we could discuss all day about that term or that it wasn't that term because it was clearly a poor attempt at an abbreviation but truth be told I agree it is offensive even if it wasn't attended that way. This post was dead and I wish it would had stayed that way. So if a moderator would please lock it, its clear that the conversation is no longer about what I the OP made it for. Again I apologize, I'm in the wrong...Sorry Duders :)

#15 Edited by mpgeist (606 posts) -

Just use JPN instead?

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

@mpgeist said:

Just use JPN instead?

Yeah, that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

#17 Posted by JBG4 (414 posts) -

@8bit_archer:

@8bit_archer: Dont be ashamed. You meant nothing by it and was just an obvious abbreviation. This world needs to stop being so sensitive about things that do not matter in the grand scheme. Just take off the judgemental glasses for a few seconds and enjoy life. Those of that are so cynical all the time have to be miserable.

#18 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

We are losing track of the real matter of this thread. That being the incredible video posted above.

#19 Posted by Poppy_Persona (154 posts) -

This makes me want to watch the Ryan/brad endurance run again......

#20 Edited by Sweep (8858 posts) -

I changed the thread title. It never happened. Everyone shhhhh.

#21 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@sweep said:

I changed the thread title. It never happened. Everyone shhhhh.

Wow well done man, except you spelled SWERY wrong. Isn't it bad enough that Patrick thinks he is SWERY 65, and now you had to go and do this? Yuck, that's all I have to say. Feh.

#22 Edited by Sweep (8858 posts) -

@grissefar: Quick, somebody call the care bears!

#23 Edited by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

Swere off with Stary.

#24 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I'm still offended.

#25 Edited by Rabbykayn (225 posts) -

For future reference.. if you need to find it in a pinch.. all you need to do is search "swery" on youtube and it's one of the top results.

#26 Posted by mlarrabee (2949 posts) -

HA! At 1:11, Ryan sets down his coffee with his right hand. In the next camera change it's in his left hand.

I'm going to add this to the 'Goofs' section of IMDB.

#27 Edited by TyCobb (1971 posts) -

Well, crap. Its been 30 minutes since I watched this and that damn theme is still running through my head.

#28 Posted by slyspider (1225 posts) -

Im now offended because it was changed. Also

@mlarrabee: You fucked my brain with pointing that out, thanks

#29 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@slyspider: I didn't change it...but glad it is now...lol