demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By demontium

I just wanted to start off by saying: "Thank you!" 

You have probably noticed my blogs are getting attention; three people messaged me asking me to notify them when the next blog comes out. You can get updated by just adding me to your network (right below my icon on the forums or on the page there is a little button for it).  

Ok, now that my whorish self-advertising needs are out of thee way, lets talk. First, I think someone owes an apology. The people (well one in particular) who bash a user called Al3xand3r for being an outward Nintendo fan. He asked me when I first joined giantbomb why I changed my alliance to neutral. Well TBH I was being a little bit of a coward. On a giantbomb review, someone was saying "oh put up your flame shields, here comes Al3xand3r!" Now let me get something cleared out of the way, Al3x is perfectly capable of defending himself, more so than I, but this is for argument's sake. He is one of the most intelligent and well-written users on giantbomb, he deserves more respect than that; his arguments are fair, so should yours be. 

We all know this specific user is openly nintendo-based, and all the "neutral" people FTMP would look at that with a pompus "oh...." So, do you think those neutral users are actually neutral? Everyone is going to have a preference, and always is going to like one system over another. Same thing with reviewers, FTMP they are just gamers like us, and they are not always credible. I am guilty for bashing Casamassina for his a boy and his blob review. Then it struck me like it should have 87 bazillion years ago. No one is really credible. No matter how amazing the reviewer, they love something or hate something you do not. 

So there you go!

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demontium

I just wanted to start off by saying: "Thank you!" 

You have probably noticed my blogs are getting attention; three people messaged me asking me to notify them when the next blog comes out. You can get updated by just adding me to your network (right below my icon on the forums or on the page there is a little button for it).  

Ok, now that my whorish self-advertising needs are out of thee way, lets talk. First, I think someone owes an apology. The people (well one in particular) who bash a user called Al3xand3r for being an outward Nintendo fan. He asked me when I first joined giantbomb why I changed my alliance to neutral. Well TBH I was being a little bit of a coward. On a giantbomb review, someone was saying "oh put up your flame shields, here comes Al3xand3r!" Now let me get something cleared out of the way, Al3x is perfectly capable of defending himself, more so than I, but this is for argument's sake. He is one of the most intelligent and well-written users on giantbomb, he deserves more respect than that; his arguments are fair, so should yours be. 

We all know this specific user is openly nintendo-based, and all the "neutral" people FTMP would look at that with a pompus "oh...." So, do you think those neutral users are actually neutral? Everyone is going to have a preference, and always is going to like one system over another. Same thing with reviewers, FTMP they are just gamers like us, and they are not always credible. I am guilty for bashing Casamassina for his a boy and his blob review. Then it struck me like it should have 87 bazillion years ago. No one is really credible. No matter how amazing the reviewer, they love something or hate something you do not. 

So there you go!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Um...OK? I seem to ignore alliances for the most part; the only time I notice them is when I see a PC alliance and idiotically think that they're a mod.

Oh, and you may wish to protect yourself from Satan Claus, seeing the post count and all...

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demontium
@Video_Game_King: It wasn't so much about alliances as much as credibility of anyone, but I should have elaborated.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@demontium: 

But doesn't that sort of relate to a person's credibility, at least from a subjective standpoint?
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138
@demontium said:

" I just wanted to start off by saying: "Thank you!" 

We all know this specific user is openly nintendo-based, and all the "neutral" people FTMP would look at that with a pompus "oh...." So, do you think those neutral users are actually neutral? Everyone is going to have a preference, and always is going to like one system over another. Same thing with reviewers, FTMP they are just gamers like us, and they are not always credible. I am guilty for bashing Casamassina for his a boy and his blob  review. Then it struck me like it should have 87 bazillion years ago. No one is really credible. No matter how amazing the reviewer, they love something or hate something you do not.  So there you go! "

So the point of the blog is you learned tolerance ?
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demontium
@turbomonkey138: And that people should realize that no reviewer is credible, which I thought would be controversial, but I guess you skimmed that part. 
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By turbomonkey138
@demontium said:
" @turbomonkey138: And that people should realize that no reviewer is credible, which I thought would be controversial, but I guess you skimmed that part.  "
I'm just summing up what you said basically . I'm not criticizing you in fact its the opposite . Well done . If there were more people who learned to tolerate in the world it would be a better place . Sorry if i came off the wrong way .
Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bald3rdash
@demontium said:
" @turbomonkey138: And that people should realize that no reviewer is credible, which I thought would be controversial, but I guess you skimmed that part.  "
Are you serious?  Just because somebody prefers certain games or consoles to others doesn't mean they aren't credible - just that they have a personal opinion. If I were to review a Wii game, I wouldn't bash it just because I don't own a Wii and don't care to own one.   Here's a one sentence review of a Wii game, keeping in mind that I don't enjoy (pseudo) fighters, and don't own a Wii.  

Brawl is a fun game that has a lot of depth and replayability, and you will waste loads of hours playing with friends and unlocking extras.

I'm just sayin'.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Symphony
@demontium said:
I'm pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it means. Credibility has nothing to do with if they like or hate something others don't. That just means they have different tastes. Credibility is trustworthiness built up through experience. A credible source is one that has proven itself by providing legitimate articles or items in the past. Whether they share your tastes is irrelevant.

You're probably looking for the word "unbiased". I can see an argument being made for that in some regards, but bias isn't necessarily a bad thing so... *shrugs*
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demontium
@turbomonkey138: It is ok. I was tolerable before, I just did not see it as a problem until certain events occurred. 

@Bald3rdash: @Symphony: To both of you I reveal my point: to create something worth arguing. 

I am glad you brought this up actually so I can clear it up. No. Reviewers are always in same way, shape, or form, be the opposite of credible at a given moment.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Symphony
@demontium said:
" @turbomonkey138: It is ok. I was tolerable before, I just did not see it as a problem until certain events occurred. 

@Bald3rdash: @Symphony: To both of you I reveal my point: to create something worth arguing.  I am glad you brought this up actually so I can clear it up. No. Reviewers are always in same way, shape, or form, be the opposite of credible at a given moment. "
Err, pointing out the misuse of a word isn't the birth of a worthwhile debate, it's just pointing out you misused a word. You've made no statement that defends or explains your claim of all reviewers not being credible. You've simply stated that they're not credible, which still leads me to believe that you don't know what the word means >.>. If you want to create debate over it, let's here why you think they are not credible in some way shape or form at any given moment.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By demontium
@Symphony: But displaying the effect of this "word" was not only beside the point IAW, but you answered your own argument for me. You said that my " pointing out the misuse of a word isn't the birth of a worthwhile debate" but then said " If you want to create debate over it, let's here why you think they are not credible in some way shape or form at any given moment."  

I already mentioned:  "No matter how amazing the reviewer, they love something or hate something you do not. "    
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demontium
@Video_Game_King: Sorry for the late response but... 

Regardless a great man said: "Everyone these days is so credible, the only thing that is not true is truth."