Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I hope this is not Youtube Spam.... : /

Adam Sessler and Michael Pachter talk mostly about his thoughts about the industry. E.g. Square Enix, the FCC's involvement with industry, and just next-gen stuff. There are apparently more episodes on this interview soon, ala GameTrailers.

Part Two just went up. So I put it here. He does start talking Xbox, and also ISP's dealing with these products.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OfficeGamer

This Pachter guy never strikes me as someone who knows what he's talking about. He does however sound like someone who knows how to speak like someone who knows what he's talking about. So.... personality alone isn't enough. He clearly memorizes sales numbers and then come up with big bold arguments...

I've only been a player on the PC since the beginning of this year, but watching a Youtube compilation of Pachter's ignorant and uninformed comments on the platform a few years back really was enough for him to lose integrity.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

pachter gets too much shit from the internet, dude is very smart.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

@mrfluke said:

if he is so smart why does he say so many dumb things. :'(

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrfluke

@sooty said:

@mrfluke said:

your right as he did say some asinine things in the past, but hell, everyone screws up,

but like take this video, i agree with most of what he said.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@officegamer said:

This Pachter guy never strikes me as someone who knows what he's talking about. He does however sound like someone who knows how to speak like someone who knows what he's talking about.

The perfect business analyst.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

@sooty said:

@mrfluke said:

Because apart from being smart he's also crazy and loves to make predictions. The more insane the predictions are, the better.

Of course, people never talk about the ones he gets right and only the ones he gets wrong.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@mrfluke said:

Because apart from being smart he's also crazy and loves to make predictions. The more insane the predictions are, the better.

Of course, people never talk about the ones he gets right and only the ones he gets wrong.

it is the internet after all

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pachter does get a lot of unwarranted hate although he can go out on a branch sometimes. Its what happens when you spend too much time staring at spreadsheets. This interview was interesting and I agree with a lot of the points. If Square can't make money off of selling 3.4 million copies of a really good game like Tomb Raider then there is something wrong. No one cared about that franchise and Crystal Dynamics did a good job relaunching their flagship series. His point about Final Fantasy was off-base and I'm glad Sessler set him straight, no one cares that FF isn't released enough, these games are just boring retreads. I'm really curious to see if his $99 next box with 2 year contract comes to fruition.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is just analyst. I'm not sure why he gets so much hate where everyone should listen to his insight while also taking it as speculative.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This Pachter guy never strikes me as someone who knows what he's talking about. He does however sound like someone who knows how to speak like someone who knows what he's talking about. So.... personality alone isn't enough. He clearly memorizes sales numbers and then come up with big bold arguments...

I've only been a player on the PC since the beginning of this year, but watching a Youtube compilation of Pachter's ignorant and uninformed comments on the platform a few years back really was enough for him to lose integrity.

everyone made those sort of comments. listen to some bombcasts from 08/09. they straight hatin on the PC

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Alright, Part 2 just went up. He does make sound arguments about what the reality of Microosft's strategy might just be. And I love how Adam Sessler is just good at giving good questions, worded just right for his guest to give interesting answers.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sooty said:

@mrfluke said:

I won't discredit the man he is a smart dude or he would not have the job he does now. The problem is he is coming from a business mindset which is not wrong but can be out of touch with the gaming community.

I'm sure he tries to stay involved which is why he visits neogaf or goes on game trailers shows but he going to always go back to what he know best which is business. Does not mean he will be right because I'm sure many business minded people thought SimCity would be a non issue and here we are now with that.