Shattered Memories dev working on 2 PS4 & 1 Xbox One Titles

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

Climax Studios, the studio behind 2009's critical hit Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, is developing two PS4 titles and one Xbox One game, CEO Simon Gardner has revealed.

Speaking in the latest issue of MCV about the developer's goals, Gardner revealed that it had already achieved its ambition of working on next-gen consoles, saying "we have two PS4 games and one Xbox One title in development for our clients".

Though Gardner doesn't reveal what the games are or for which publisher they belong to, Climax has worked extensively with Konami and Sony in the past, developing two Silent Hill titles and this year's PC port of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, as well as handheld titles Smart As and EyePet & Friends.

The studio was previously rumoured to have been working on a Prince of Persia-style platformer and a new horror IP.

"We have been working closely with Sony on the social and app capabilities of PS4," adds Gardner, "and I think we are one of the most experienced developers in this on console."

Source

I liked Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I felt it was a fresh game in the Silent Hill franchise. I would welcome a next gen Shattered memories game. What would you like to see from this studio ?

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As long as the Shattered Memories writer isn't involved in these games I'm excited.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shattered memories looked like one of the most interesting games of last gen but their other output and the quote about "social and app capabilities" doesn't do much for me

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As long as the Shattered Memories writer isn't involved in these games I'm excited.

I dunno man, whoever solved the problem of people trying to go the 'best' route in games with branching storylines by making it so you never know what the fuck is going on, is probably a genius.

Seriously though, Shattered Memories is kind of the best.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

I really wanted Shattered Memories, for some reason the PS2 version was nowhere to be found in Sweden or even to be imported from other European countries. What was up with that? Seemed like a really interesting game that just wasn't available anywhere.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I loooooooved Shattered Memories on the Wii so this could be exciting.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By MildMolasses

@pie said:

Shattered memories looked like one of the most interesting games of last gen but their other output and the quote about "social and app capabilities" doesn't do much for me

hypothetical: what if their app capabilities was having your phone sending you messages and other weird shit in similar ways they played with the wii-mote capabilities?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Pie

@mildmolasses: I don't like the idea of having to have a smartphone to fully enjoy the game