So I bought The Metal Gear Solid legacy collection

Avatar image for christopherson329
christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

can some one give me some help i am really confused can you explain to me somethings i should know before i get into MGS

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I've heard that you should follow the series in order of release, and I guess that makes sense? All I can really say is that Sons of Liberty's gonna fuck with your mind.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

How about just playing the games? There's some advice.

Avatar image for christopherson329
christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ive began mgs1 but im really confused and i feel like im powering through it but not enjoying it because im missing something

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Snake Snake Snake Snake, The Boss, Psycho Mantis, HIND-D?, Merril, Raiden, Submarine Fight, roll credits.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By strainedeyes

Just play them in order and enjoy it the way people originally did. Getting all the answers before you even start makes no sense.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never played a MGS game and it wasn't until recently I knew anything about them really. I just moved in with a roommate and he has every MGS game ever made and its his favorite, so this should be interesting

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

I dunno what are you confused about? Play the games and have fun.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie: Help! I've bought these games, but I don't know what to do now.

Yeah, but seriously though. Just start with MGS1, and go from there. If you find yourself lost, Meryl's codec frequency is 140.15

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CaLe

@christopherson329 said:

ive began mgs1 but im really confused and i feel like im powering through it but not enjoying it because im missing something

What are you missing? Did you hear Snake ask the Colonel about the presence of Russian gunships? Don't you think you better find out what the hell is going on on this little island? There is a massive robot capable of launching nuclear missiles from any location on earth somewhere deep within this base which you have tactical espionagely entered. If that's not enough motivation then I don't know what is. Also the guards have pineapples, in case you also missed that important piece of information.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@christopherson329 said:

What are you missing? Did you hear Snake ask the Colonel about the presence of Russian gunships? Don't you think you better find out what the hell is going on on this little island? There is a massive robot capable of launching nuclear missiles from any location on earth somewhere deep within this base which you have tactical espionagely entered. If that's not enough motivation then I don't know what is. Also the guards have pineapples, in case you also missed that important piece of information.

Don't forget the five fiver sixers! Also directly stimulating the small bones of your ear.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd say just keep playing and things will start falling into place, if not then do a quick recap on a wiki. It's definitely a confusing story to grasp but once you do I think its really enjoyable.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@christopherson329 said:

You have to press O alot during a scene, my finger still hurts from it :(

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ExplodeMode

The disc goes in the console. hth.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@christopherson329 said:

That is called a phantom pain my friend.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaLe

@jimmyfenix said:

Survive the torture, save the girl. Meryl is still green and can't save her damn self now can she. Your sore finger is Meryl's 生きた証. Trust me, that sounds cool.

@thunderslash said:

That is called a phantom pain my friend.

No Caption Provided

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@christopherson329: MGS was in fact not the original game, two games preceded it, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. They were included on the disc for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance and subsequently are also part of MGS Legacy Collection, also in MGS3. You don't have to go back and play them but maybe try them out one day to see some truly retro video games.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Just jump in and enjoy the ride, duder.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

You're a spy-man and the bad guys have the nukes. Go.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Like this? Oh god, I hope not like this.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

Like this? Oh god, I hope not like this.

I hadn't even considered that it might be this. Now I am sad because I have come to consider it.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Quarters

Technically, if you started with MGS1, there's backstory you should probably know with Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2. You can either play them with your Legacy Collection(they should be attached to MGS3), or you can read the recaps within MGS1. It's under the Previous Operations section in the extras.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@christopherson329 said:

Don't forget the five fiver sixers! Also directly stimulating the small bones of your ear.

"Two F-16s just took off from Galena and are headed your way."

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On PSN, there is Metal Gear Solid database you can download for free. It does a good job of sorting out the history of Metal Gear Solid.