So, I just signed up a yearly membership with Whiskey Media

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Edited By dream431ca

I'm been on this site since it began. I've never really contributed to it as much as others have. I've never really edited articles or added info to anything, nor have I been a really active member altogether. But there is something different about this site, something that screams that this video game site is truly for gamers and not for the corporate BS that seems to be winding up in most other sites about video games. So why did I pay for a Membership?

Is it because of the FREE T-SHIRT!!?? :) :)....Well maybe lol. In all seriousness though, the reason I signed up is because I believe in what this site is doing and what it's trying to achieve, and when I mean this site I mean Whiskey Media as a whole, of course Giant Bomb was at the fore front, the first website to be taken under Whiskey Media, but look at how it's grown. It's grown into Tested, Comic Vine, Anime Vice and Screened, basically almost every medium of entertainment except books. There is literally something here for everyone and each site has a fantastic volume of content to appease anyone looking for info on anything they can think of.

On the subject of content, I cannot think of ANY other site that has more content then Giant Bomb with respect to being a Video Game website. The quick looks, endurance runs (PLEASE...do another one soon), Features and Live Specials are in large order on Giant Bomb. But what is more important than content? Entertaining content. Quick looks are unique to Giant Bomb with respect to most other video game websites. You get to watch 2 or 3 great fellas, sit down and play a game and talk about it, make fun of it, laugh at it, like it, dislike it, etc... Most other video game website don't even do "Quick Looks" because of either time constraints or bandwidth constraints, or the popular excuse, money constraints. I think this is what makes Giant Bomb rise up above all other video game sites. It provides a stellar amount of content and with that content comes great entertainment value that keeps me coming back day in and day out, just to laugh at another Ryan and Vinny Quick Look.

(I hate to bring this up but I think it's relevant in the discussion). Years ago I used to frequent Gamespot quite a bit before Giant Bomb was ever a thought (I'm sure many of you were as well). Why did I go to Gamespot more than any other video game website to watch reviews, because I loved the reviewers; Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker and others I cannot remember their names but know their faces. When *you know what* happened, Gamespot was boring to me. I didn't know anyone anymore in respect to game reviewers because most of them were leaving. Then some months later, I heard of this new website, Giant Bomb that was going to started by Jeff. I was ecstatic. Fast forward to now and I am one happy customer of Giant Bomb. I love all of the reviewers and people who work for Giant Bomb and also the people who work for the other sites on Whiskey Media. This company knows how to hire great people, which is extremely important because it's these people that you will be seeing in videos and in reviews, telling which game is bad, which is good and just laughing with them (or at them LOL) and having a good time.

So, why did I spend my hard earned money on a membership? The simple answer is, these conglomerate of sites give me so much value. I keep coming back to watch Will and Norm make coffee, cook bacon and poke fun at each other and watch Jeff and Ryan play Kinect and get pissed off at the horrid controls and menus. I got a membership because I fully support this site and what it offers; it's valuable to all gamers in terms of information, it has great entertainment value, and the beauty of it is, it's valuable to people who like all sorts of entertainment (Anime, Comics, Phones, Computers, Coffee, Movies, Games etc,etc, etc...)

Giant Bomb, You Rock!!

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By dream431ca

I'm been on this site since it began. I've never really contributed to it as much as others have. I've never really edited articles or added info to anything, nor have I been a really active member altogether. But there is something different about this site, something that screams that this video game site is truly for gamers and not for the corporate BS that seems to be winding up in most other sites about video games. So why did I pay for a Membership?

Is it because of the FREE T-SHIRT!!?? :) :)....Well maybe lol. In all seriousness though, the reason I signed up is because I believe in what this site is doing and what it's trying to achieve, and when I mean this site I mean Whiskey Media as a whole, of course Giant Bomb was at the fore front, the first website to be taken under Whiskey Media, but look at how it's grown. It's grown into Tested, Comic Vine, Anime Vice and Screened, basically almost every medium of entertainment except books. There is literally something here for everyone and each site has a fantastic volume of content to appease anyone looking for info on anything they can think of.

On the subject of content, I cannot think of ANY other site that has more content then Giant Bomb with respect to being a Video Game website. The quick looks, endurance runs (PLEASE...do another one soon), Features and Live Specials are in large order on Giant Bomb. But what is more important than content? Entertaining content. Quick looks are unique to Giant Bomb with respect to most other video game websites. You get to watch 2 or 3 great fellas, sit down and play a game and talk about it, make fun of it, laugh at it, like it, dislike it, etc... Most other video game website don't even do "Quick Looks" because of either time constraints or bandwidth constraints, or the popular excuse, money constraints. I think this is what makes Giant Bomb rise up above all other video game sites. It provides a stellar amount of content and with that content comes great entertainment value that keeps me coming back day in and day out, just to laugh at another Ryan and Vinny Quick Look.

(I hate to bring this up but I think it's relevant in the discussion). Years ago I used to frequent Gamespot quite a bit before Giant Bomb was ever a thought (I'm sure many of you were as well). Why did I go to Gamespot more than any other video game website to watch reviews, because I loved the reviewers; Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker and others I cannot remember their names but know their faces. When *you know what* happened, Gamespot was boring to me. I didn't know anyone anymore in respect to game reviewers because most of them were leaving. Then some months later, I heard of this new website, Giant Bomb that was going to started by Jeff. I was ecstatic. Fast forward to now and I am one happy customer of Giant Bomb. I love all of the reviewers and people who work for Giant Bomb and also the people who work for the other sites on Whiskey Media. This company knows how to hire great people, which is extremely important because it's these people that you will be seeing in videos and in reviews, telling which game is bad, which is good and just laughing with them (or at them LOL) and having a good time.

So, why did I spend my hard earned money on a membership? The simple answer is, these conglomerate of sites give me so much value. I keep coming back to watch Will and Norm make coffee, cook bacon and poke fun at each other and watch Jeff and Ryan play Kinect and get pissed off at the horrid controls and menus. I got a membership because I fully support this site and what it offers; it's valuable to all gamers in terms of information, it has great entertainment value, and the beauty of it is, it's valuable to people who like all sorts of entertainment (Anime, Comics, Phones, Computers, Coffee, Movies, Games etc,etc, etc...)

Giant Bomb, You Rock!!

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By ReyGitano

Comic Vine was here before Giant Bomb. But that said, I signed up for the same reason. I want Whiskey Media to keep doing what it's doing, even without the benefits they give me.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vexxan

I wasn't here when GB started but when I found it I knew I'd probably never visit another website about video games again. Paying $50 a year for all the fun the Whiskey Media sites provide me with is ridiculous, I'd happily pay them more for it. Good thing they sell t-shirts, I try to make sure I buy one every time they are available.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By MayorFeedback

You are a good person.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Your avatar rocks

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Sarkhan

"If only Tarja was still in the band....." What? 

welcome my friend. enjoy the good people on this site. madness,fun and(frankly) sometimes strange ;)  

Have fun :)
Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

I welcome thee!

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By willin

You got a lot of Happy Hours to catch up on.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By kingzetta

good you get to use it in an argument once

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dream431ca

@Ahmad_Metallic: Thanks man! Can't for the next album :)

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By unchained

Attaboy!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@dream431ca said:

@Ahmad_Metallic: Thanks man! Can't for the next album :)

Me neither! 
Nightwish will always be the one with Tarja for me. That is the real Nightwish, the one with all the magic. But the new Nightwish is an amazing band on it's own :) 
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By VisariLoyalist

if there was a 10% off deal for just one site I might think about it I never go on any of the other sites

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By YoThatLimp

@SlashseveN303 said:

Comic Vine was here before Giant Bomb. But that said, I signed up for the same reason. I want Whiskey Media to keep doing what it's doing, even without the benefits they give me.

This.

(except when I bitch about the call in radio show hah!)

dieless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dieless

p

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By grilledcheez

I wanted to support the fellows! I just wish they would take us all back to the ER! Weee wooo weeee woooo.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BestUsernameEver

The smugness in this room, it's off the chart!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Brendan

@BestUsernameEver said:

The smugness in this room, it's off the chart!

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think anyone's making themselves out to be superior because they're paid members. Paying is a form of commitment though, so when some people choose to make it I'm sure it's exciting for them.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany

SEXY PARTY!!! WHOOOO!OO!!

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points