So, if your gaming choices for the summer/winter break are...

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By rpgee

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By rpgee

...which would you pick? Can you guess I have a similar dilemma?

I am curious for opinions, because I'm never sure exactly what to play during the break where there's a game-less wasteland for a while. I always tend to go for playing old games I haven't (hence, RDD, RH, PS2 stuff) but now seems like an opportune time, since I have money, to go out and get a cheap PS3 and a boatload of PS3-exclusive games. I may have to figure out my list of games first, though.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By M_Shini

With the whole Psn Plus game thing going on between me also getting YS Origin, Crusader kings 2, and a bunch other random games ill stick to though's, although to be fair my game list is a mix of old, cheap and completely new stuff so my answer is kind of everything.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ervonymous

I hoarded a bunch of PSP games when the Vita launched, making my way through them. Tactics Ogre is one of my favorite games ever now.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

Wait your not Claude!

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By drGiggless

If you don't have a current gen console, and are thinking about buying one, get a PS3 immediately. You will not regret.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm on a self-induced game-buying ban.

Not only is my backlog a mile long, but half of that mile is made up of excellent games that I really should've played by now. Games like Dead Space 2, Castlevania: LoS, Alan Wake, Bioshock 2, Lego Star Wars III, God of War 3, Uncharted 3 (I'm particularly ashamed about of this one) and the list goes on and on.

And to make matters worse I just started playing Diablo 2 and Just Cause 2 again, which will serve to further delay and increase my backlog.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By drGiggless

@ProfessorEss: I have to clear out my backlog as well before Fall arrives. I'm not planning on getting anything new all summer, unless there is a sale on a game on my want list that I can't pass up. I'm sure I will play Dust 514 quite a bit when that comes out as well.

I'm currently playing through Uncharted 3. It was collecting dust for some months before I got around to playing it. You should do that next. The Uncharted series are such good games.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ProfessorEss

@drGiggless said:

I'm not planning on getting anything new all summer, unless there is a sale on a game on my want list that I can't pass up.

Yeah see I'm taking it one step further to the point that I won't even buy those games that I "can't pass up" as that's what usually gets me in this mess in the first place. The only exception I don't think I'll be able to resist making will be for Ni No Kuni if my ban is still on by the time that gets released over here.

(...unless it's a really good sale :P)

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By forkboy

So I think i buy a lot less games than most other people on this site at the mo. I've got a lot of games to pick up that came out so far this year, I'd like to get the Humble Bumble, then there's Crusader Kings 2 & its expansion which is out soon. Mass Effect 3, The Witcher 2, The Walking Dead, Diablo 3 & Max Payne 3 have all come out this year & I'd like to play them at some point. And I'm still struggling along with Trials Evo so won't give up on that yet.

I still have to finish Arkham Asylum at some point (my copy was in my machine when it RROD'd, & I've never actually gone back to finish it. Then I could get Arkham Asylum. Dark Souls is still basically unplayed bar the very beginning, then from last year I've still to buy Deus Ex Human Revolution, Syndicate, Space Marine,

And then I've still got Bastion & Borderlands still to play. Portal 2 as well now that I think about it.

In short, there is a fuckload of games for me still to play without having to dig out old consoles & it doesn't even touch on games like Europa Universalis 3 that are 5 years old now & I still play on a fairly regular basis.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By galiant

I'm taking a break from Diablo III until they tweak Inferno difficulty. Currently playing Skyrim, and when the Civ V expansion comes out I'm planning on playing that until Dawnguard (Skyrim expansion) comes out for PS3.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

I have such a gigantic backlog that I should not be buying anything for the next 3 years or so, but alas, the WiiU is coming out this holiday season.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By JTB123

Replaying old stuff, I must have put dozens of hours into Geometry Wars 1&2 over the past couple of months, and I'm learning more characters in MK9. Looking forward to lollipop chainsaw, but other than that there's really nothing until the end of the year for me.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By PandaBear

I'm in Australia so it's winter. But a break? I miss high school haha But really ... The Witcher 1 (half way), the Witcher 2 and Pokemon Conquest... Man that game looks awesome.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

B+C

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'll be playing whatever to get me to July. I'll spend July playing The Secret World (AND YOU SHOULD JOIN ME http://m.giantbomb.com/the-secret-world/61-21369/secret-world-giant-bomb-guild/35-548528/ gogogo) and then by mid-August games are coming out again.

If I can make it to the 19th, the Civ5 xpac comes out, and then the 26th is Spec Ops.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Addfwyn

With the crazy PS+ promotion, I have a huge backlog to play. I can probably do all my gaming this year without ever buying a new game, especially if they expand PS+ to Vita.

ocelot93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ocelot93

I'll start playing Skyward Sword that I got in November...and Ico, that I found on a 2nd hand store (also last november), and see if I can finish the darn Dark Souls!!!

I also would recommend Bastion, for me it was GotY 2011. Simply incredible!

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By butano

Basically installing all the games I picked up from the Steam sales, now that I have time. Just started playing The Darkness 2, and holy shit that game is a ton of fun!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#20  Edited By pyromagnestir

All of the above.

It really depended on year to year what was out that I hadn't played but wanted to. My Christmas gaming particularly. Last year I played a few XBLA games I bought around Christmas (Limbo and Risk Factions, mostly), the year before that I played a bunch of Madden. This year I played a ton of Skyrim.

Summer is so wide open that I can do anything.

In your case I'd probably give Red Dead a try. I should do that as well at some point this summer, as I have the game but only played the first hour or so.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

I want to try Hitman Blood Money at some point, so that's a possibility. Otherwise, there isn't anything that I really want until Dishonored. Nothing else at E3 impressed me that much.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Cloudenvy

Whatever shows up in the Steam sale.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By JoeyRavn

I'll just... play games. Some newer than others, some for the first time, some for the second or third time. Diablo III, Batman: Arkham City, Sword & Sworcery, Alan Wake's AN, AoE Online, The Walking Dead, Darksiders II, Minecraft...

Shitload of game, yo.