So.. the holiday is upon us..

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By allgrinzz

Where did all the good titles go?   Black Ops.. good but burns out quickly..  Reach, much the same..  Still playing assasin's creed brotherhood, loving that, and then there's New Vegas, wich I own but am still waiting to play since the crushing save corrupting bug killed my latest 3 saves.  So what happened to all the block buster releases other then those?  Bah, Holiday season is just.. blah...

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By allgrinzz

Where did all the good titles go?   Black Ops.. good but burns out quickly..  Reach, much the same..  Still playing assasin's creed brotherhood, loving that, and then there's New Vegas, wich I own but am still waiting to play since the crushing save corrupting bug killed my latest 3 saves.  So what happened to all the block buster releases other then those?  Bah, Holiday season is just.. blah...

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By jorbear

Well, I guess Cataclysm if you play WoW. But...  
Other than that, I guess Fable 3 (Ehh) and NFS: Hot Pursuit. 

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonnyboy

2010 was dead to me the moment Portal 2 was dated.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Little_Socrates

You're missing VanQuish, Super Meat Boy, Rock Band 3, Pac-Man CEDX, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Dead Rising 2, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, NFS: Most Wanted, Gran Turismo 5, and Fable III. TFUII and Epic Mickey were disappointments (you can hear about Mickey on this week's Bombcast and catch roughly the same opinions that everyone's throwing around) and  LBP 2 and, like, two other games getting pushed back to Q1 next year. 

Last year's holiday season wasn't as notable with MW2, Uncharted 2, ACII, L4D2, Demon's Souls, DA: O, and NSMBW, I don't think, considering both CoD and AC released new games this season too (that are potentially better than the previous title, depending on your taste.) September last year had ODST, I think, but that was pretty much the only major release that month. 

I'm guessing by your titles that you only have a 360. GO BUY SUPER MEAT BOY AND PAC-MAN! To buy both games is only $25 (SMB at $15, Pac-Man CEDX at $10) and they both have excellent demos that you have got to try. Also try the VanQuish and Enslaved demos, both of which are really excellent tastes of those games. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero will be another good demo at $5, balancing out your XBLA total to $30 so far. As for NFS and Fable III, there are no demos, and if you've never had a Rock Band game before then you won't have the controllers; thus, the demo for that game will not help you. 

It's not like great games didn't come out every month this year already.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Bones8677

Dude, you have dozens and dozens of great games that were released all throughout the year. Don't tell me you played them all. Go back and pick them up if you want something to play for the last 3 weeks of the year.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

they are gone, they are all released. pretty much what happened man. gran turismo 5.