Somehow, I've found horror that doesn't involve Chickenhead.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Edited By Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided

Superman 64

( Oh god, why am I doing this?) Every fiber of my being told me not to do this, but I did it anyway: not only did I play Superman 64, I actually beat it! Do you realize what that means!? I had to push through this piece of crap, despite fully knowing that it would not get any better! What possible reason could justify such a horrible act? *checks last blog* Oh, that fucking bet. Well, it turns out that we never came up with some type of condition, and he didn't come to claim his victory. But it didn't matter, as I made up the one condition that I beat a bad game as punishment. This, however, is too much.

Even the plot is fucked up. Lex Luthor has somehow stuck Superman in a virtual world. A lot of people take this to mean Metropolis is covered in a green Silent Hill fart, but since I was emulating this game, I instead got pink nothingness. Anyway, Superman does not do what Neo does in his Matrix ( destroy a franchise before it can even get off the ground); instead, he decides to rescue Lois Lane (who skips, sometimes, for no reason) and some other fuckers with mysterious teleportation powers. Already, we have a major problem: why is he rescuing virtual Lois Lane? What's gonna happen if he doesn't? Is he gonna be taken to virtual jail, where he'll fall into a virtual depression, leading to an actual suicide? More importantly, though, why does he rescue them so incompetently? Instead of just punching a wall and flying them out of their cage, the game forces you to wander around aimlessly, hoping something happens.

The title screen, depicting two people preparing to punch the other in the dick for allowing this game to be made.
 The title screen, depicting two people preparing to punch the other in the dick for allowing this game to be made.
Yea, that's right, I'm not gonna start with those goddamn rings.....Fuck it, I'll start with the rings, since they're the only thing people know about this game. As you already know, Superman has to fly through rings for about 50% of the game. However, what you probably don't know is why he does this, and I figured it out: it's a cheap and eventually-incredibly-boring way for him to get from objective to objective. Of course, this begs the question, "Why does he fly all over the city, diving about like he's drunk off his ass?" That's probably because he is drunk off his ass. Or maybe he's a dick who likes to show off. That's probably the best explanation, since you'll often plunge underwater. It doesn't add anything to the game, since physics behave the same, somehow. Actually, they don't, since in this virtual world, light has about as much luck penetrating water as a banana does penetrating Superman's thick skull. As the game goes on, the ring courses get dickishly harder, pulling off tricks like 90 degree turns, flying straight down (hard for Superman, since he confuses the word "down" with "circle"), starting off on the ground (why?), and making the rings move. I'm already having enough trouble getting through these rings with the "somehow better in an emulator, but still bad" controls, and now you introduce this shit? Who the hell do you think I am? Batman? (I'd say Superman, but I played this game.)

Of course, these rings only serve to get Superman from objective to objective; let's look at what these objectives are. You'll have to clear a path for a skater, throw a car that's doing donuts, clear....a path for....a random w....yea, these aren't feeling too epic. I'm not too familiar with Superman, but isn't he known for turning back time in the stupidest way possible? Wait, what's that? I get to blow away tornadoes and beat up enemies for some of these missions? Fuck you and whatever diseases cause you to defend this game! You blow tornadoes away with all the enthusiasm of the person playing this game, and combat largely consists of whacking things in anguish until they explode. Sure, you have powers like x-ray vision and heat vision, but you'll rarely use them because explosions work fine. No, everything explodes in this game, and it takes little to provoke these explosions. This may not sound like much until you realize that motion-sensitive explosions will cause damage to you every five seconds. OK, to be fair, the enemies also die in, like, one or two hits, but it still feels cheap that Superman has fists made of C4, along with a face made of Charlie Brown.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that those aren't the "main" things you do in the game. By that, I mean that they're the only times when the game allows you to save. (Yes, this game has a save feature.) Obviously, though, this game is rather consistent in its crap factor; in fact, if it was crap, it'd be the steady stream of diarrhea where you look down and find yourself amazed that a toilet can hold that much shit. Find yourself confused? Now you know what this game feels like. Most of the big levels consist of you wandering around the area, looking for something to do. The game doesn't tell you what to do unless you've already done something, meaning your first goal is to wonder what the fuck you have to do. So is there ANYTHING at all redeemable about this game? Well, it's not as glitchy as others have made it out. Granted, it's still pretty easy to get stuck in stuff, but I only launched out of the in-world geometry once. Also, the easy difficulty does something I'm not willing to do with this blog: cut it short. Why? Well, probably so you don't notice how shit it is. But I want you to know. So much that I'm willing to give this game the Great Mighty Poo Award for Excellence in Being a Huge Mound of Shit.

Review Synopsis

• Looks like crap.
  • Plays like crap.
  • Is like crap.

As long as we're on the subject of shitty games...

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

( You may not know this about me, but I actually know a bit of French.) I know you're confused as to how this relates to the blog, but shut up, I'm going somewhere with this. Anyway, it grants me an understand of the phrase, "déjà vu", which is French for, "already seen." As in, "I know I've already seen this shit somewhere before." It's Silent Hill 2: a stupidly short survival horror game with tank controls and slight combat issues. Yet unlike Silent Hill 2, shit actually happens in Resident Evil 3.

In fact, the shit that happens in Resident Evil 3 is pretty confusing, at least when compared to the nothing of Silent Hill 2; it takes place before, during, and after Resident Evil 2. I'm not sure if there's a term for that, but I'll make one up if there isn't: sandwichquel. Anyway, this sandwichquel tells the tale of Jill Valentine as she explores Raccoon City in its last days. Umbrella did something bad with zombies, they sent in a mercenary force to take care of it, blah blah blah, entire city gets covered with mushroom cloud. Note that this is considered a happy ending, which I find weird, since that's not how movies do things. Again, I realize that you're confused, so let me explain: RE3 is written like it was a movie. That mercenary force I mentioned earlier? It seems to be fielded by some shallow stereotypes (Russian, Mexican, and Dead Russian). Wait, it gets worse: this shit.

Glad to see the brilliant writing wasn't changed.
Conveniently, this brings us to the subject of the combat, which, disappointingly, is actually quite good. I'm going to ignore the matter of the controls, since we all know that I won't break new ground there (I'm not the Hulk), so I'll instead move onto the weapons themselves. They're all guns, and they all tear through zombies like they were made of Jello. Even with the most useless weapon, I was still able to take down zombies in about four shots. Of course, this sucks when you find yourself facing off against an entire barbershop quartet of zombies, but two things: first, there are explosives attached to some walls, probably because Umbrella employees dry their hands with dynamite. Second, don't worry! If a zombie gets close to you, just mash the X button, and you'll automatically dodge that fucker. Oh, and don't worry about running out of ammo ever, since you have enough bullets to create your own bullet car. That's my problem with RE3: it takes the horror out of survival horror. To be fair, though, I was playing on easy mode, but only because the game didn't have a normal difficulty. It might as well have asked me if I have a penis or vagina.

Apparently, I have a vagina (in reality, only sometimes). The game confirmed this by throwing Nemesis into the mix. If you're the type of asshole who wants to skip this paragraph, then screw you. But I'll help you by saying that Nemesis is what saves this game from mediocrity. I first met him in Umbrella Chronicles, where he was the slimy Cookie Monster who chased you throughout the game. Here, though, he can barely manage to burp up the word "STARS" without dry heaving...but he still chases you throughout the game, something I really, really like. You never know where he is exactly, but one thing's certain: he will beat you down. He is intent on that; he will not rest until you are dead. This brought about a genuine sense of horror in me, as I found myself pushing a step ladder in front of a door as a barricade early in the game. It was at that point that I decided to redeem myself as a man, the way the Mayans would: by downing a jar of jaguar testicles. I then faced off against Nemesis and sadly found out that he's a total pussy. The only difference between him and regular zombies is exactly how much lead you pump into him. It's a lot, especially considering he doesn't die. I appreciate that feature, but it's hard to consider him scary when the game encourages me to kill him as much as I can.

I also appreciate the quick-time choices. There's no joke there, I actually like these. Every now and then, you'll be presented with a choice you have to make on the fly. You either choose one, choose the other, or wait too long and die, ensuring that those too stupid to make choices don't get to play the rest of the game. Again, like Nemesis, it's a nice twist that keeps the game from being crap...barely. You'd think that EVERY choice would lead to a different ending, like Silent Hill Everything, but the reality is that only, like, the last three choices actually change the ending. Trust me, this game needs all the artificial lengthening it can get, since it's 6 hours with one character. It tries to fix that with an open-ended way of tackling certain puzzles and limiting your inventory quite a bit, but it really doesn't help much. First, 10 items is more than enough for healing, weapons, and puzzling about. Second, the puzzles in this game are a bit easy. Yes, even that stupid water purification one was easy. I can see why they were put into the game (it'd kinda suck without them, wouldn't it?), but I still wish they put a bit more effort into a few of these puzzles.

Hell, just look at the map feature. Yes, this game has an actual map feature, which helps you navigate a world that looks exactly the same and is smaller than my first blog here. (Go ahead, look. It'll make me cry.) Granted, it doesn't exactly tell you where key puzzle elements are, but whatever, it's a step in the right direction. You know, unlike Resident Evil 3. Damn it, I wish this game wasn't so damn easy! Oh, wait, hard mode. OK, I could've played that, but again, there's no normal difficulty, which kinda destroys a game. One option places you in a tea party where the only challenge is to be found how much cream you should put in; the other option places you at a Tea Party rally, trying to tell them what communism is without coming off as an actual communist. (I made that mistake once; it ended with a pretty cool battle.) JUST GIMME MY NORMAL DIFFICULTY! In fact, you don't get an award until you do. I fully expect Nemesis to strangle one out of me. Bring it on.

Review Synopsis

• Every Hollywood stereotype wrapped up in a video game.
  • Everything but Nemesis dies in three shots. He dies in seven.
  • Kinda short, and it almost admits it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided

Superman 64

( Oh god, why am I doing this?) Every fiber of my being told me not to do this, but I did it anyway: not only did I play Superman 64, I actually beat it! Do you realize what that means!? I had to push through this piece of crap, despite fully knowing that it would not get any better! What possible reason could justify such a horrible act? *checks last blog* Oh, that fucking bet. Well, it turns out that we never came up with some type of condition, and he didn't come to claim his victory. But it didn't matter, as I made up the one condition that I beat a bad game as punishment. This, however, is too much.

Even the plot is fucked up. Lex Luthor has somehow stuck Superman in a virtual world. A lot of people take this to mean Metropolis is covered in a green Silent Hill fart, but since I was emulating this game, I instead got pink nothingness. Anyway, Superman does not do what Neo does in his Matrix ( destroy a franchise before it can even get off the ground); instead, he decides to rescue Lois Lane (who skips, sometimes, for no reason) and some other fuckers with mysterious teleportation powers. Already, we have a major problem: why is he rescuing virtual Lois Lane? What's gonna happen if he doesn't? Is he gonna be taken to virtual jail, where he'll fall into a virtual depression, leading to an actual suicide? More importantly, though, why does he rescue them so incompetently? Instead of just punching a wall and flying them out of their cage, the game forces you to wander around aimlessly, hoping something happens.

Yea, that's right, I'm not gonna start with those goddamn rings.....Fuck it, I'll start with the rings, since they're the only thing people know about this game. As you already know, Superman has to fly through rings for about 50% of the game. However, what you probably don't know is why he does this, and I figured it out: it's a cheap and eventually-incredibly-boring way for him to get from objective to objective. Of course, this begs the question, "Why does he fly all over the city, diving about like he's drunk off his ass?" That's probably because he is drunk off his ass. Or maybe he's a dick who likes to show off. That's probably the best explanation, since you'll often plunge underwater. It doesn't add anything to the game, since physics behave the same, somehow. Actually, they don't, since in this virtual world, light has about as much luck penetrating water as a banana does penetrating Superman's thick skull. As the game goes on, the ring courses get dickishly harder, pulling off tricks like 90 degree turns, flying straight down (hard for Superman, since he confuses the word "down" with "circle"), starting off on the ground (why?), and making the rings move. I'm already having enough trouble getting through these rings with the "somehow better in an emulator, but still bad" controls, and now you introduce this shit? Who the hell do you think I am? Batman? (I'd say Superman, but I played this game.)

Of course, these rings only serve to get Superman from objective to objective; let's look at what these objectives are. You'll have to clear a path for a skater, throw a car that's doing donuts, clear....a path for....a random w....yea, these aren't feeling too epic. I'm not too familiar with Superman, but isn't he known for turning back time in the stupidest way possible? Wait, what's that? I get to blow away tornadoes and beat up enemies for some of these missions? Fuck you and whatever diseases cause you to defend this game! You blow tornadoes away with all the enthusiasm of the person playing this game, and combat largely consists of whacking things in anguish until they explode. Sure, you have powers like x-ray vision and heat vision, but you'll rarely use them because explosions work fine. No, everything explodes in this game, and it takes little to provoke these explosions. This may not sound like much until you realize that motion-sensitive explosions will cause damage to you every five seconds. OK, to be fair, the enemies also die in, like, one or two hits, but it still feels cheap that Superman has fists made of C4, along with a face made of Charlie Brown.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that those aren't the "main" things you do in the game. By that, I mean that they're the only times when the game allows you to save. (Yes, this game has a save feature.) Obviously, though, this game is rather consistent in its crap factor; in fact, if it was crap, it'd be the steady stream of diarrhea where you look down and find yourself amazed that a toilet can hold that much shit. Find yourself confused? Now you know what this game feels like. Most of the big levels consist of you wandering around the area, looking for something to do. The game doesn't tell you what to do unless you've already done something, meaning your first goal is to wonder what the fuck you have to do. So is there ANYTHING at all redeemable about this game? Well, it's not as glitchy as others have made it out. Granted, it's still pretty easy to get stuck in stuff, but I only launched out of the in-world geometry once. Also, the easy difficulty does something I'm not willing to do with this blog: cut it short. Why? Well, probably so you don't notice how shit it is. But I want you to know. So much that I'm willing to give this game the Great Mighty Poo Award for Excellence in Being a Huge Mound of Shit.

Review Synopsis

• Looks like crap.
  • Plays like crap.
  • Is like crap.

As long as we're on the subject of shitty games...

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

( You may not know this about me, but I actually know a bit of French.) I know you're confused as to how this relates to the blog, but shut up, I'm going somewhere with this. Anyway, it grants me an understand of the phrase, "déjà vu", which is French for, "already seen." As in, "I know I've already seen this shit somewhere before." It's Silent Hill 2: a stupidly short survival horror game with tank controls and slight combat issues. Yet unlike Silent Hill 2, shit actually happens in Resident Evil 3.

In fact, the shit that happens in Resident Evil 3 is pretty confusing, at least when compared to the nothing of Silent Hill 2; it takes place before, during, and after Resident Evil 2. I'm not sure if there's a term for that, but I'll make one up if there isn't: sandwichquel. Anyway, this sandwichquel tells the tale of Jill Valentine as she explores Raccoon City in its last days. Umbrella did something bad with zombies, they sent in a mercenary force to take care of it, blah blah blah, entire city gets covered with mushroom cloud. Note that this is considered a happy ending, which I find weird, since that's not how movies do things. Again, I realize that you're confused, so let me explain: RE3 is written like it was a movie. That mercenary force I mentioned earlier? It seems to be fielded by some shallow stereotypes (Russian, Mexican, and Dead Russian). Wait, it gets worse: this shit.

Conveniently, this brings us to the subject of the combat, which, disappointingly, is actually quite good. I'm going to ignore the matter of the controls, since we all know that I won't break new ground there (I'm not the Hulk), so I'll instead move onto the weapons themselves. They're all guns, and they all tear through zombies like they were made of Jello. Even with the most useless weapon, I was still able to take down zombies in about four shots. Of course, this sucks when you find yourself facing off against an entire barbershop quartet of zombies, but two things: first, there are explosives attached to some walls, probably because Umbrella employees dry their hands with dynamite. Second, don't worry! If a zombie gets close to you, just mash the X button, and you'll automatically dodge that fucker. Oh, and don't worry about running out of ammo ever, since you have enough bullets to create your own bullet car. That's my problem with RE3: it takes the horror out of survival horror. To be fair, though, I was playing on easy mode, but only because the game didn't have a normal difficulty. It might as well have asked me if I have a penis or vagina.

Apparently, I have a vagina (in reality, only sometimes). The game confirmed this by throwing Nemesis into the mix. If you're the type of asshole who wants to skip this paragraph, then screw you. But I'll help you by saying that Nemesis is what saves this game from mediocrity. I first met him in Umbrella Chronicles, where he was the slimy Cookie Monster who chased you throughout the game. Here, though, he can barely manage to burp up the word "STARS" without dry heaving...but he still chases you throughout the game, something I really, really like. You never know where he is exactly, but one thing's certain: he will beat you down. He is intent on that; he will not rest until you are dead. This brought about a genuine sense of horror in me, as I found myself pushing a step ladder in front of a door as a barricade early in the game. It was at that point that I decided to redeem myself as a man, the way the Mayans would: by downing a jar of jaguar testicles. I then faced off against Nemesis and sadly found out that he's a total pussy. The only difference between him and regular zombies is exactly how much lead you pump into him. It's a lot, especially considering he doesn't die. I appreciate that feature, but it's hard to consider him scary when the game encourages me to kill him as much as I can.

I also appreciate the quick-time choices. There's no joke there, I actually like these. Every now and then, you'll be presented with a choice you have to make on the fly. You either choose one, choose the other, or wait too long and die, ensuring that those too stupid to make choices don't get to play the rest of the game. Again, like Nemesis, it's a nice twist that keeps the game from being crap...barely. You'd think that EVERY choice would lead to a different ending, like Silent Hill Everything, but the reality is that only, like, the last three choices actually change the ending. Trust me, this game needs all the artificial lengthening it can get, since it's 6 hours with one character. It tries to fix that with an open-ended way of tackling certain puzzles and limiting your inventory quite a bit, but it really doesn't help much. First, 10 items is more than enough for healing, weapons, and puzzling about. Second, the puzzles in this game are a bit easy. Yes, even that stupid water purification one was easy. I can see why they were put into the game (it'd kinda suck without them, wouldn't it?), but I still wish they put a bit more effort into a few of these puzzles.

Hell, just look at the map feature. Yes, this game has an actual map feature, which helps you navigate a world that looks exactly the same and is smaller than my first blog here. (Go ahead, look. It'll make me cry.) Granted, it doesn't exactly tell you where key puzzle elements are, but whatever, it's a step in the right direction. You know, unlike Resident Evil 3. Damn it, I wish this game wasn't so damn easy! Oh, wait, hard mode. OK, I could've played that, but again, there's no normal difficulty, which kinda destroys a game. One option places you in a tea party where the only challenge is to be found how much cream you should put in; the other option places you at a Tea Party rally, trying to tell them what communism is without coming off as an actual communist. (I made that mistake once; it ended with a pretty cool battle.) JUST GIMME MY NORMAL DIFFICULTY! In fact, you don't get an award until you do. I fully expect Nemesis to strangle one out of me. Bring it on.

Review Synopsis

• Every Hollywood stereotype wrapped up in a video game.
  • Everything but Nemesis dies in three shots. He dies in seven.
  • Kinda short, and it almost admits it.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tmthomsen

Hmm I remember Resident Evil 3 to be quite hard, but I guess that correlates to my lack of skill when I played it 7-8 years ago. On hard difficulty, Nemesis will drop parts to new weapons which spices up the game a bit. So if you find yourself wanting more RE3, I would recommend playing it again on hard.

...And congrats on completing Superman 64. That requires some serious patience!
I've never quite understood how Superman saves the world by flying through hoops...

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King
@TMThomsen: 

Yea, I remember something about Nemesis items, but I thought they were story things. What the hell does Nemesis need weapons for? He's a biological weapon himself!

I think I explained the hoops: it's a shitty way of getting from A to B. The game could've worked as a GTA-esque sandbox game, but Grand Theft Auto III wouldn't come out for two more years. Besides, I think they tried that on the 360, and that sucked, too.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

i can't believe you played Superman 64. maybe that means you're capable of completing another game on the same console?  

RE3 was a weird game. the game's music creeped me out more than anything.. and i'll admit a piece of paper made me jump in the game. the only time i legitimately got scared was when Nemesis jumped through a window when it was dead silent. i should of been expecting it, but being me i was too oblivious. the only reason you had so much ammo was because you were on Easy mode. that game really feeds you ammo at the beginning with the massive amount of bullets you have in the storage crate. 

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@AjayRaz: 

Not until I've run out of a billion other N64 games, and I'm counting all the DD ones.

Wait, the music creeped you out? How's that possible? Also, yea, the game's REALLY generous with the ammo. I had two shotguns, probably because the game wanted me to pull a Rambo, but had never seen Rambo before.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By CaptainObvious

Dude, CD-i games are great. We wouldn't have all those funny videos on youtube if they didn't exist.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
@Video_Game_King: hmm.. i see. well, i'll ensure that you'll play Carmageddon 64 before you know it.  

the music did creep me out, because i get scared easily (hence why a damn piece of paper creeped me out). you should see when i'm playing Deadly Premonition. that game scares me because i take the game too lightly. i always end up sprinting into enemies which ends up with me jumping me out of my chair.  

for some reason, that makes me think that it's going to be quite the day when i play Fatal Frame.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
@CaptainObvious: 

I wouldn't know, mainly because the one time when I tried emulating them was an absolute clusterfuck.

@AjayRaz:

I'm not even too familiar with Deadly Premonition, so I wouldn't know what the baseline level of scary is supposed to be.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You played Superman 64? You poor bastard. Even as a child I knew that that game was bunk. Of course... I never did get past that first level...

As for Resident Evil 3, that is a game that I have beaten. It's certainly not the best in the series by any means, (that award goes to REmake) but it's not the worst either (Code Veronica is my candidate for that). Nemesis is one scary dude. You don't want to stop and fight him, because he hits hard, and if your health is anything below green he actually runs faster than you. Also, I'm pretty sure Hard is the default difficulty, but even then the game gives you enough gunpowder to make more freeze rounds then you will ever need.  Also, as a bit of trivia, did you know that the US version was actually harder than the JPN one? Zombies did more damage or something.

As I said in my blog on this game so long ago, it's the beginning of Resident Evil trying to be an action franchise and failing miserably (but it's ok. Code Veronica is worse in that aspect too) until RE4 came out and managed to do it successfully. That's why all the puzzles are so dang easy and that's why you have a dodge maneuver.  It's a nice contrast from REmake, which tries to be a better "survival horror" (still not a genre. At best a design style) game and succeeds by punishing you for not burning zombie corpses. I could go on and on, but I will end by saying that RE3 is alright.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ArbitraryWater: 

Yes, I played it, and BEAT it. Imagine the horrors I endured. As for your parents, go beat them up. It's the only way to get even for them giving you that game.

Oh, I remember Code Veronica from when I was a kid. I could barely get past the first part of the game, mainly because I didn't know how to play the damn thing. Those controls still suck. As for RE3, I still fought Nemesis a bunch of times, mainly because I had all the ammo I needed to do so. He's a joke on Easy difficulty, which I guess IS the Normal difficulty because of that cross-Japan-difficulty-boost. Odd how that doesn't work with Fire Emblem games.

Yea, I felt that too. It didn't exactly feel like the other RE games, mainly because the horror was dead. I'll end my post by saying that RE3 was a bit disappointing. Competent, but oddly incompetent.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

I remember renting Superman 64 multiple times from Blockbuster.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ajamafalous: 

Were...were you forced to? That's the only way I can make sense of it.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ajamafalous
@Video_Game_King said:
" @ajamafalous:   Were...were you forced to? That's the only way I can make sense of it. "
I think maybe the first time I rented it I only played an hour or so, so I rented it again so I could play more.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ajamafalous: 

What the hell is wrong with you? Did you enjoy it or something?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

Ah, Superman...the only video game that manages to make the Man of Steel fly like some poorly designed levitating couch.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Hailinel: 

This game sucks so hard at flying that not even Superman can handle it; he fidgets around, spreading his legs and arms in an attempt to figure out what the fuck is going on.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ajamafalous
@Video_Game_King said:
" @ajamafalous:   What the hell is wrong with you? Did you enjoy it or something? "
Absolutely not, that game was terrible.
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@Video_Game_King:  Yeah, like everyone else has said, RE3 on hard mode is basically an entirely different game just from the amount of ammo it hands out. I played through it last year on hard and had to use the knife through a good portion of the game, the knife! Also the window of opportunity with the dodge move is drastically cut down, so you can't just hammer on the button to avoid attacks. I can't believe you didn't find the police station music scary that, it still makes my hair stand up.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: 

How could you find it scary? You were there for, like, five minutes.
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@Video_Game_King:  Before Nemesis actually jumps through the window, there's a part in the station's musical score where it sound you can hear glass breaking, and I always take just enough time between each play-through to forget when he actually jumps through, so I end up freaking out about every two minutes when I'm in there. Also my first really bad nightmare growing up had that score playing during it, so it stuck with me.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: 

My first really bad nightmare was Gex 64. I think you got off lucky.