Something interesting I found on other game sites.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I was looking around other game sites, and you know where there is usually the "Most Popular Games" list? Brutal Legend (X360) is more popular than Uncharted 2! WTF?

I was just really surprised. I would think that with all the great reviews that Uncharted is getting it would be like, way up there. Why do you think this is so? 

These are both on IGN and Gamespot, by the way. 

EDIT: I Just checked 1up - same thing, except Operation Flashpoint, A Boy and his Blob, Aion and Demon's Souls are also more popular than Uncharted 2. I'm really confused - this game better sell well!

cmac2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cmac2099

Most popular on 1up is based on page views, and the reviews for Operation Flashpoint, A Boy and His Blob and Demon's Souls are featured pretty prominently on their main page right now. Don't know about IGN and I haven't been on Gamespot for a few years now.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By RipTheVeins

Most people are probably too busy already playing Uncharted 2, eliminating the need to check out the pages, whereas everyone else is freaking out about Brutal Legend's mixed scores.. Just my take on this.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

There is another point that if people already know a lot about a game, say Uncharted 2, they don't need to read a lot about it to see if they'll buy it.  While Demon's Souls does not have a huge advertising budget or a previous game as a springboard.   And, then there are those who are avoiding any information which may reveal plot points so they don't read the reviews which lead to less page views.  I know I have yet to read or watch videos regarding Uncharted 2 because story is very important to me in that franchise.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shadow

It's multipatform
it's Tim Schafer 
It's Jack Black
It's metal