Sony/developers leaving the ps vita in the dust

Cedogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cedogamer

I'm just curious if Sony will still care for the vita and if developers will still care to make games or will they switch to the 3ds. do you think there will be better games in 2014 or will the vita be forgotten by the end of 2014 and as said in the title ... Left in the dust forgot to say that i am asking this because I'm intrested in both the ps vita and 3ds has any one ow either or both systems what's your input or thoughts?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If we're to believe Sony, every single PS4 game will be playable via Remote Play on PlayStation Vita. That's a very attractive feature, which probably means that a lot more people will be buying a Vita when the PS4 comes out, which means that it'll become worth developing for.

So no, there'll be no leaving the Vita in the dust.

Cedogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How log do you think the life span of the first or so to say current gen vita will last?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I don't think Sony's done with it yet. Besides, it was a while before the PSP got a good collection of games.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The problem with consoles these days is less the hardware and the console creators, like sony, Ninitendo, and Microsoft. And more with developers. Developers don't want to do a lot of work. even 10 years ago they would essentially make 3 games to put them on 3 different consoles. Just remember when you would buy a gameboy color game of a game that came out for the ps2 and it sucked because it had 4 colors and was a side scroller.

Now a days your phone can run the same engine that they are using to run games on the xbox. So when a game system cant use it, or a particle system wont work, or when a certain game mechanic doesn't work well, and you are only going to sell a couple hundred units. Then it dosent make sence to port. Even if all the work has already been done, and all you need to do is pay nintendo/sony/microsoft for the licens.

Basicly, game developers have gotten lazy.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think its stealthily becoming a pretty awesome little platform, with loads of indie stuff etc. But yeah. There hasn't been a killer app push for it but hopefully that will come

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

If remote play is as automatic as it's been made out to be, that will certainly be a big help. Personally I think a price cut would be the most helpful; 250 for a portable system is a big hurdle when the current home system can be had for only about 50.00 more.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can't say whats going to happen with the vita. I don't think to many developers wants to risks losing money on a handheld system.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I think it'll have better support than the Wii U does in 2 years. Even if it doesn't, its still got a huge library of PSP and PS1 games.

@sarahsdad: I bought a vita at walmart last week for $199 Canadian. Maybe this walmart had marked down the price since its in a town with a population of 6000 and they don't sell as many as they'd like.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The attach rate of games is extremely high. It's something like 10 games for every Vita.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By sarahsdad

@mosespippy: could be. I also heard a Gamestop employee grumbling over the weekend that some non-U.S. markets had gotten a price cut, and he was basically wondering why Sony hadn't done the same for the states. If/when that happens, I feel like that would be a sort of magic price point.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spelunky comes to vita in a few weeks. That is all you need to know :-)

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Wait for Gamescom.

The number of awesome indie games, Persona plus the amount of content you get from PS Plus makes it a worthwhile purchase already to me.

Cedogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious is there a lack of support from developers or not enough push for me to consider the 3ds over ps vita when I do but one of these Because I'm sure I will by the end of this year

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well the PS4 functionality will increase the value some, and hopefully move enough units to convince publishers it's not such a bad platform to be on. I could see there being a big push for Vita once there is a redesign.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JasonR86

If it is as integral to the PS4 as it sounds then it'll only be supported further.