Sony officially close on acquisition of Bungie. Welcome to the PlayStation family!

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really hoping this means all the destiny expansions are included in some sort of ps+ tier. I fell off destiny 2 last year because I was just sick of buying it every year, but would definitely jump back in if I didn't have to buy what I've skipped.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Start the "Bungie chafes and goes independent" timer.... now.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

@noboners said:

Really hoping this means all the destiny expansions are included in some sort of ps+ tier. I fell off destiny 2 last year because I was just sick of buying it every year, but would definitely jump back in if I didn't have to buy what I've skipped.

I wish I could say the same, but Destiny's lore is pretty good once you fully understand it. So I've been getting the expansions and the battle passes. Granted, I wait for a sale, but I still end up spending some money. And now the big showdown with The Witness is coming up in their final major expansion for the game next year. So I've come too far to turn back now. I'm starting to understand how those WOW and FFXIV people feel.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I can't care about Bungie until they figure out how to unfuck their "sunsetting" strategy.

It's turned into a line in the sand.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

I feel like I can't care about Bungie until they figure out how to unfuck their "sunsetting" strategy.

It's turned into a line in the sand.

I assume you mean the content vaulting? Sunsetting was a gear power level cap thing that would see weapons become under leveled 1 year after they were introduced in order to mitigate power creep. The removal of old expansion content is a separate issue from sunsetting, referred to as the Desitny Content Vault. Sunsetting was scrapped a long time ago, but the content vaulting still seems to be going forward.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Bungie won't end up like DICE (A studio that has been messed up by EA multiple times).

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Haven't played Destiny since. It's hard for me to justify paying for content I know for a fact will be gone in a couple years. Have they ever Cycled back in the old content like they said they would?