split screen on shooters

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GiantRetard

lately when a big shooter comes out such as killzone 2 or battlefield bad company there has been no split screen for player vs player  mode and i have really been missing it
 to play against one of my friends i have to go online and do it like that
and yes i know that cod 4 and cod waw have split screen but that is only like 2 out of heaps

i am wondering if u guys know of any new shooters that are coming out or have already been realeased for the ps3 with player vs player split screen 

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pazy

I think Haze is split-screen, whether its good split-screen I dont know though. And I just read that UT3 was patched just now for split screen multiplayer and tropies (was part of the Titan Pack but the extra content is delayed).

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GiantRetard

yeah haze was shit

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pazy
GiantRetard said:
"yeah haze was shit"

Thats why you should get UT3, its amazing! And has split screen mutliplayer as of March 5th 2009:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/05/unreal-tournament-3-titan-pack-delayed-on-ps3/

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GiantRetard

i have unreal tournoment but i didnt know that it had split screen

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By twenty0ne

CoD4 and WaW had split screen, but didn't allow custom classes, and therefore, pretty much sucked.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pazy
GiantRetard said:
"i have unreal tournoment but i didnt know that it had split screen"

It didnt at released but they made the "Titan Pack" that adds some maps, a new game type and a mutator that lets you earn points to become a giant charter (with regenerating ammo and more health but cant use vehicles or flags). Split Screen and tropies were part of that but they delayed it and (thankfully for PS3 UT3 players) put out the most important part of it early as a patch. And as far as I know the Titan pack is free on PS3, it was on PC at least just shipped as a big patch.

Go rock it old school!

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiantRetard

i am downloadin ti right now thanks heaps dude

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pazy

Anything that stops your spending more money on games and therefore keeps the economy in the toilet ;)

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GiantRetard

thats the spirit

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ComicCrazy

yeah i feel the same way about split screen

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By penguindust

When ever my family gets together we play primarily COD, Halo or GRAW because they offer split screen.  I understand why developers don't want to pursue it as a game play option, but I still miss it.  I didn't know they added split screen to UT3 for the PS3, but if they did, it means the game is a keeper now for my needs.  Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is supposed to have local coop as well.  Far Cry Instincts: Predator for the 360 had split screen, but Far Cry 2 doesn't.  Perfect Dark Zero also had split screen, if you want to go back that far.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alex_Murphy
GiantRetard said:
"lately when a big shooter comes out such as killzone 2 or battlefield bad company there has been no split screen for player vs player  mode and i have really been missing it"
One of the reasons I pay for a cable internet connection is so that I can have the screen all to myself. The last split screen FPS I played was Goldeneye on the N64, and while it was fun, it was totally cheep the way you could almost 'cheet' and look at the other persons screen to find out where they were. Even in co-op, splitting the screen on my 21 inch TV also cuts the fun in half. Maybe it would be different on a 60 inch widescreen.