Steam Trades

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

It was my understanding that Steam had a new feature where I could trade games I never opened. I tried to do it and no games were listed as available for trade. Is it not implemented yet or did I screw something else up?

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BionicRadd

It's implemented, but I do not know how deeply. It's also only applying to games you got as bonuses for buying other games (buy X game and get a copy of Y game free), as far as I could tell.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By veektarius

@BionicRadd: Oh, okay, so the games I got as part of the THQ pack don't qualify because they didn't come "with" a specific game I bought.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By MayorFeedback

Doesn't really have anything to do with whether you "opened" anything. If it's yours, on your account, you can't do anything with it. If you buy a game specifically to be a gift, you can trade that. If you buy a game that comes with a game you already own, in some cases that second copy becomes a gift copy. If you buy four copies of something for friends, those are gift copies, etc. Just cause you haven't played something doesn't mean you can give it away.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By veektarius

When I first read about it, it sounded like they planned to make it more extensive than that. That has very limited applications. I hope they do expand it to encompass what I mentioned.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By sammo21

@Veektarius: You can only trade games that you haven't redeemed. You can't trade any game you have.