Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Announced

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have to say, if Capcom is trying to redeem itself from all the criticism, this is a start on the right foot. Capcom just announced releasing a 25th anniversary addition for $149.99. Now you might think that is a lot of money, until you see all the crazy items they are throwing in this collector's set.

The set will cost $149.99 and includes the following items:

• Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
  • Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
  • Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
  • 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
  • 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
  • Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic "Fūrinkazan" in kanji!
  • Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.

Link to full story - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/23/street-fighter-25th-anniversary-collector-s-set-announced.aspx

So what do you guys think? Does this make you think Capcom is trying to do some fan service, or is it a little to late for this?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

I would say this is all worth about $70 bucks.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Seen that early today. Not sure if it's worth $150.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Animasta

@TheHBK said:

arcade edition and SFxT alone is worth 80 or so, right?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

Way too much money. Doesn't help that the only game included that I personalty like is Third Strike.

Who on earth is going to want 11 discs of Street Fighter music?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
@Atramentous said:

Way too much money. Doesn't help that the only game included that I personalty like is Third Strike.

*slowly raises hand*
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By GreggD

@Atramentous said:

Me. So fuck you.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 71Ranchero

@GreggD said:

@Atramentous said:

Me. So fuck you.

Im sorry I hurt your feelings Mister! Please dont hit me!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
@GreggD: Dude, what's the name of the cartoon in your avatar? I used to love that show. It was "hill" something, right?
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreggD

@MikeGosot: Yeah, Mission Hill. Best cartoon to ever get cancelled.

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Skogen

@TinoXtreme said:

I have to say, if Capcom is trying to redeem itself from all the criticism, this is a start on the right foot.

I totally disagree.

2 ports which are considered abominations in their respective communities, 1 game everyone already owns, and 1 game everyone hates. But at least you get that 11 disc soundtrack...

But then again, I guess its not for people who actually follow the franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Atramentous said:

Street Fighter music is awesome ya heathen!

*Turns on Third Strike's intro song*

A shame I own all those games already or I might actually be tempted to get that.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By ssj4raditz

That's a lot of Street Fighting!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel
@Skogen

@TinoXtreme said:

I have to say, if Capcom is trying to redeem itself from all the criticism, this is a start on the right foot.

I totally disagree.

2 ports which are considered abominations in their respective communities, 1 game everyone already owns, and 1 game everyone hates. But at least you get that 11 disc soundtrack...

I like SFxT. Suck it. Also, hell yes to the eleven-disc soundtrack and the animated movie.
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Commisar123

I actually think its a pretty good deal by the standards of collector's editions. I mean you get $130 of games, at least that is what their retail adds up to, in there plus all their DLC which will add up to more than $150. The problem is that if you own most or all of those games or don't like one of them, it becomes a tough sell for anyone who doesn't want a Ryu statue and some anime of questionable quality. I think it would be an easier sell with the Alpha games, which are on PSN so they could be ported, as not nearly as many people have them on current consoles. I might pick it up as it seems like a really neat package, but I'm not exactly expecting anyone else to follow my example.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GreggD

@Skogen said:

@TinoXtreme said:

I totally disagree.

But then again, I guess its not for people who actually follow the franchise.

I had no idea the community hated both of those ports. They seem fine to me. Oh, wait...is this the FGC? Those guys wouldn't know a good time if it ran them over in an eighteen wheeler.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By L44

If they put like a Hori fightstick or something in that bundle for around $200(?). I would consider this.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikeGosot
@GreggD said:

Wow, i would never remember the name. Also, what happened to Superjail?
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GreggD

@Hailinel said:

@Skogen

@TinoXtreme said:

I totally disagree.

I like SFxT. Suck it. Also, hell yes to the eleven-disc soundtrack and the animated movie.

Dude, I love SFxT. It's such a fun game, even if it's not the most technical fighter out right now. Plus, Kuma's dance alone made it worth the pre-order. Best birthday gift ever!

@MikeGosot said:

@GreggD said:

Wow, i would never remember the name. Also, what happened to Superjail?

I only saw a handful of episodes, but as far as I know that got a second season, and may or may not be up for renewal.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikeGosot
@GreggD: Superjail's cool. Never saw too many episodes, but i did like what i saw.
VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By VicRattlehead

would be nice to see this come out in the UK as id be stupid enough to buy it (even though i own all the games)... it'd probably cost all the moneys if its $150 in the states

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#22  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If I had way too much money I would be into that. Of course, if I had that much money I would probably be like... embellishing my Neo Geo collection and wouldn't have the money for a Street Fighter collection regardless. Because Mark of the Wolves is pretty dope.

Also I kinda already own all the games they have in that collection. That too.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GreggD

@ArbitraryWater said:

If I had way too much money I would be into that. Of course, if I had that much money I would probably be like... embellishing my Neo Geo collection and wouldn't have the money for a Street Fighter collection regardless. Because Mark of the Wolves is pretty dope.

Also I kinda already own all the games they have in that collection. That too.

I'm in it for the DLC, DVDs, CDs and statue. Because I already own all the games, too.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PixelPrinny

@TheHBK said:

I'm kind of sharing this sentiment. SSFIV is easy to find for $20; SFxT has already been seen at $40 in places, the other two games aren't exactly expensive on PSN/Live and the rest is completely worthless for anyone but crazed collectors or rabid fans.

And for anyone who actually wants that 11-disc soundtrack... was finding the songs on the internet really that hard up until this point? Like Youtube didn't have enough versions of Guile's Theme that you could listen to or convert to mp3?

Take out the gimmicky crap like the belt and the statue, include extensive guides for each game and the Alphas (and/or maybe Puzzle Fighter, too) and it'd be a more interesting collection.

Edit: I still wouldn't buy it though since I have most of the games already, so I guess it's not aimed at me anyways. *Shrugs*

Avatar image for theactionfigure
TheActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheActionFigure

If they swapped that statue out for an arcade stick I would be all over this. But as it stands I already have SFIV Arcade & SSF2HD, so I'll probably pass.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By toowalrus

This is weird. I want it.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Personally, this looks like a waste of money just for a documentary for other random stuff.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By Humanity

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Personally, this looks like a waste of money just for a documentary for other random stuff.

Collector editions generally are a big waste of money. This one seems neat if you're REALLY into Street Fighter. I also like swag and statues.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By GunstarRed

It seems cool, sort of... The most important question is if the SF2 movie is the edited version or the one with Chun-Li's boobies.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By joshthebear

No thanks, especially after all the shit Capcom has pulled lately.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By sub_o

They should misspell Capcom as Capcpom, then the whole package is worth 150 bucks.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By TheHT

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie is a fucking awesome movie. Is it the blood and boobs version though? They should just have all three versions on disc. So weird.

Yet, that I know there are 3 versions of that movie with different levels of censorship is also pretty weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeflonBilly said:

@Atramentous said:

Street Fighter music is awesome ya heathen!

*Turns on Third Strike's intro song*

A shame I own all those games already or I might actually be tempted to get that.

I believe this is one of the best intro music for SF. Love to play this on the dreamcast with friends on saturday night. And that 11 disc soundtrack is very very tempting.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By MikkaQ

Seems worth it for the 11 CDs alone. Sold.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EXTomar

It isn't that this isn't a good package but I'm frankly fatigued by Street Fighter. Too many games that are too similar with too many configurations and DLC.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Carryboy

Im really disappointed by this package, would have hoped they may have released a couple of other street fighter games in the collection (ST, Alpha series) but can see why. THe fact however that Hyper fighting is not included is a crime. Also yeh seems expensive.