Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By sometingbanuble

I’m enjoying Scott Pilgrim a lot on my switch and I think it has everything to do with the d-Pad. It’s probably the best d-pad of any console to-date. I’m sure your sidewinder is great and all. The barrier to entry on side scrolling games has always been the d-pad for me, apparently. Thoughts? Yes, I am talking about the joy cons.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

The D-Pad on the Joycons is good. I used it to play a decent bit of the Mega Man Zero collection. My problem with the Joycons involves the placement of the right analog stick, which I find very uncomfortable to use.

The D-Pad on the Switch controller is mushy and feels kinda cheap. I don't really want to use it for anything. It's all right for navigating menus, I suppose, but I prefer my buttons nice and clicky.

laughingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I think the joycon d pad is fine for most things, and I tend to use it rather than the analog stick for 2d movement. I don't understand the oversized hate it gets.

I did purchase a Zelda themed left joycon that has a full, NES style d pad, and it's fantastic. It's an upgrade over the base model, and I would highly recommend it if you want that authentic old-school feel.

izzy_izumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love it for Binding of Isaac and Dead Cells. Even Hades. I don't especially like it on say....Street Fighter.

I like how clicky the buttons feel generally.

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think I've gravitated towards 3-d games primarily because of how d-pads have all been, since always. Don't get me started on the 360 or NES. I kind of don't care about the joysticks because the Switch is kind of a 2D station, joycon drift be damned.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For me, Joy-Con, Dualsense and Xbox Series X/S' D-Pad, I'm neutral with them as I think they're pretty much the same in my personal opinion.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the clicky buttons but not really a fan of the separation. I feel like if I needed to roll that Dpad there would be problems.

Am I going to play a game on the Switch where that WOULD be needed? Unlikely, but its a consideration if its supposed to be the best "to date."