Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Good Evening. Thirteen Deadly Sims is a show about twelve co-workers, men and women, living together, and we observe how they are killed. All that we’ve prepared is a beautiful community center and kill room. There is no script at all.

Hey guys, after today’s first episode of Twelve Deadly Sims inspiration struck and I couldn’t let it pass. I’ve pretty much never messed with editing tools but I think I did alright. It’s based on the series Terrace House, a fun little Japanese reality show. Here’s the real intro. Hope you enjoy.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

terrace house is dope, I need to get caught up

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ah I love this song. I stopped watching Aloha state because it wasn't as good but I should maybe get back to it.

Also this is great.

GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beefygrandmole: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I enjoyed making it. I think Aloha State is worth watching, although I am very glad they are going back to Japan for Opening New Doors.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aloha state is pretty trash but you should check out Terrible House if you want to see the first season (pre-netflix.)

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Terrace House is amazing. Aloha State was pkay but too much Western drama and influence. Looking forward to the next season returning to Japan

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So I just googled Terrace House... it's just "Big Brother" or "The Real World", isn't it?

GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulunga: It's a similar premise, but it's so much more enjoyable simply because it's set in Japan. Everyone is very nice and polite to one another, when problems do arise they solve them by having adult conversations, and they're always trying their hardest to follow their dreams. It's just very relaxing.

arawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Terrace house is great! Well, the season before Hawaii was.

jacksblanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know they were making a new season of Terrace House! Hope it's better than Aloha state

Spooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for the new season. Aloha state was a bit of a let down compared to BGitC

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksblanks: @spooks: Have you guys watched Boys and Girls Next Door? Its waaaaaaaay better than Aloha state and maybe even B&GitC.

jacksblanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pessh: Nope but I saw that someone is making English subtitles for it! will have to check it out, always felt like I was missing out when the panel talked about B&GND

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By BBAlpert

Quick side question about Aloha State (I don't want to derail the thread any further, so a simple yes/no is fine): Do the housemates (or the commentators) ever explicitly bring up politics in the later episodes? I ask because I've only watched the first batch of episodes they released, which all took place in the weeks leading up to the presidential election*. Unless the producers and editors went out of their way to work around the topic, I could easily imagine some of the housemates being in a weird place during the episodes filmed between early November and (I don't know how long Aloha State ran).

*In the last episode I saw, some housemates went to see that Harry Potter spin-off movie that came out mid November 2016

But back on topic, that intro is sick! Nice work!

GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: Thanks! As for Aloha State, they never discuss politics. It doesn't seem like anyone's in a particularly bad mood, I think it's just the more selfish western attitude that turns fans of the other seasons off.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@genericbrotagonist: Got it, thanks. I know I was in kind of a dark place for a while around that time, so I wondered if there was a point in the show when the Americans in the house are all suddenly in a funk.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Nice work. I still need to give Terrace House a try.

Spooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pessh: has the entire run been subbed yet? I was waiting for that so i could binge watch it

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spooksThey're almost half way through. Going to be a while because theres 90+ episodes.

Sohkrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is beautiful.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Is the first season on Netflix or somewhere else? I can find a bunch of stuff on Netflix, just not the first season it seems.

GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christaran: Not legally, unfortunately. That series wasn't produced by Netflix like the rest, so it wasn't distributed internationally by them either. Each series starts in a new house with new housemates though, so you shouldn't be missing out on anything aside from the rare passing mention of someone from the first series and two or three actual cameos. Most international viewers, me included, started with Boys and Girls in the City since the Netflix release gave it exposure. I think it's a great place to start.