#1 Edited by Lashe (1251 posts) -

We'll be right back. Tested.com is getting an upgrade to be even bigger and better.    

Awesomely exciting stuff! Is Tested finally getting its long-awaited Wiki component? Are we out of the 1+ year long beta site?  

Either way I'm excited. 

Speculations? 
#2 Edited by Liminality (444 posts) -

Yes, YES. i want that database. 

Nothing :(

#3 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -

Well that was weird. The site is back up. =S  

False alarm? 

Damn.

#4 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

I'd speculate it's nothing so grand or exciting, and is probably some back-end stuff that you won't even notice. Site's back up anyway.

#5 Posted by SSully (4186 posts) -

Haha I love how you are shut down in less then a minute of posting. Hopefully they are upgrading though.

#6 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Lashe: It's so awesome, THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL!!
#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Tested's lagging behind. Screened's had wiki stuff since launch and it came after. Will and Norm need to rage at Dave and company.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" I'd speculate it's nothing so grand or exciting, and is probably some back-end stuff that you won't even notice. "
#9 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -
@SSully said:
" Haha I love how you are shut down in less then a minute of posting. Hopefully they are upgrading though. "
I'm Scottish, I'm pretty comfortable with irony =P
#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

1+ long... huh?

#11 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" 1+ long... huh? "
1+ year long, edited. 
#12 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

Personally, I don't see why Tested needs Wiki stuff.  If anything, I think they need something DIFFERENT than a wiki.  I just see a wiki on technology being a bit too convoluted and dense.

#13 Posted by Brendan (7807 posts) -

I thought that Will said they weren't doing a wiki because it would be too impractical to pull off for technology in general.  I think it would be something else that's being upgraded.

#14 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

I AM READY FOR N2RM.

#15 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I have said even from the beginning of Tested that it does not need a wiki and I stand by that today, a tech wiki would be much to complex and to me it would be rather pointless. This upgrade was probably just back end stuff though.    

#16 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -
@jakob187: I think it depends on what is implemented in the wiki. It could get crazy dense (and simultaneously, very sparsely padded out) if there is a page for every electrical component in history. However it might work better if it is specifically targeted at full consumer products (wiki pages for laptops, tablets, named computers, mp3 players etc), rather than each and every component which makes them tick. 
#17 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

They've said themselves that what they're going to use the wiki technology for is going to be different than the other sites, because a straight wiki for tech doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be interesting, but I go to tested for the personalities, so it's a secondary concern.

#18 Posted by PirateNeal (268 posts) -

Or maybe they were fixing a bug and you guys are getting excited over their default message.. 
Site is back up and I don't see anything new

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@Lashe said:
" @Axxol said:
" 1+ long... huh? "
1+ year long, edited.  "
Ah, okay. I haven't visited Tested in while, but that'll change.
#20 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Thread made me excited but now I'm disappointed. Thanks for that. Jerks...

#21 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

Seems to be happening to Screened.com as well. It's probably just another hiccup like Tested.com's.

#22 Posted by allenibrahim (377 posts) -

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that message comes up on all of the sites when they're on maintenance. It's on Screened right now too.

#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I will care when they start doing articles and videos about something other then dam cell phones, the newest apple product and coffee.

#24 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" I will care when they start doing articles and videos about something other then dam cell phones, the newest apple product and coffee. "
I don't even drink coffee and I love their coffee segments :P They do plenty of stuff that isn't cell phones/apple/coffee.
#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -
@Laketown: I never saw it. I checked the site several times a day for a long stretch of time, and I found myself maybe reading one article out of every 10-15, and half of those were just generic info that wasn't very interesting.  

It's their site so they can do what they want, but I have zero interest in it given it's current focus.
#26 Posted by Miningguyx360 (325 posts) -

now screened has the update screen...