The curse of inverted-ness, and how I saw the light

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have any of you ever "cured" yourself of this foul curse of moving the analog stick in the objectively wrong direction to look vertically in first/third person shooters?

I was always an inverted guy as a kid. I blame my love of Ace Combat games on the PS1/PS2 for corrupting my worldview at an impressionable age.

However, one day I was playing some multiplayer on the original Battlefield: Bad Company and realized that aiming at a target in a window of a building was far too difficult for some reason. Then it finally clicked: the reason that inverted controls are bad is because diagonal movements make no sense. If you want to move your crosshair to the Northeast in an inverted environment, you need to push the stick to the bottom-right. Madness!

After this realization, I spent a few minutes switching back and forth between normal and inverted. In the span of less than half an hour, I rewired my brain completely and have never inverted a single thing since.

(This does not apply to horizontal inverters, those poor souls are sadly beyond saving.)

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and I will never apologise for being correct.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

as someone who wasn't inflicted with the inverted curse i must say ... idk about other ppl but i always was pretty horrible when i was younger and inverted was forced , fast forward to more 'modern' games and i was alot better when inverted because non-default. brains are a funny thing i guess.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By peffy

I used to always invert Y, but some game snapped me out of it. I think it was Journey? Some game that didn't have invert options, so I was forced to get used to it. Then when I played a different game, I set it to invert Y right away, and just could not figure it out anymore. So now I'm all normal!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

Typical propaganda piece written and solicited by a hate mongering mob that doesn’t tolerate our inverted way of life.

Cure yourself from being left handed while you’re at it.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never be cured of inverted brain.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

truth

only

the

is

Invert Y

To hell with Invert X though, I don't truck with that sorta inversion perversion.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inverted for life.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve played inverted since I got the original Xbox and started playing Halo. Come at me.

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Inverted Y and invert whatever apple wants you to believe is proper webpage scrolling on their desktops/laptops

Avatar image for inspectorfowler
inspectorfowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BF2042 makes you select EVERY condition in which you invert and getting into one where you forgot to change it is very disorienting.