The Decline of Console gaming

UdderDischarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By UdderDischarge

I have been an avid gamer since atari 2600. I went through 8 bit, 16 bit, PS, then PC Gaming, the starting at the xbox gen I have moved on to the 360. So with my background in gaming suffice it to say, I'm not into hand holding, ala fable, skyrim, that doesnt mean I wont play those games, because some have great stories!! but they are not a challenge, and there are no penalties.

Recent changes to Xbox live has got me concerned. First Connect!! I refuse to be pigeon holed into buying that device, while apps, dashboard menus, socail apps all seem tailored to it.

I wont even spell it the right way because my iteration subtly leads to implications about the 360's future and the next gen. Most connect games themselves are god awful, its like the Wii, sales were great xbox followed suit expanding the tech, yet like nintendo 5 to 10 games got produced that were actually mediocre, the rest were garbage (my perspective).

Now for the meat and taters, I suspect that future xbox will be reduced to a social media device, and any games released will be able to be played by blind monkeys. We Will have a connect centric, social media smart phone, With crappy XBLA (no offense to the indies who actually made good games <Braid>), and more pay as you go content, not including gold membership.

Used games will be a thing of the past. Niche disc copies such as my current fav Dark Souls will be a thing of the past because of wussies complaining. The Xbox will turn into a device made soley for wives and children and tight ass businessmen. I think if my prediction comes true, then back to PC I go.

thanks for reading feel free to flame on.

UdderDischarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By UdderDischarge

I have been an avid gamer since atari 2600. I went through 8 bit, 16 bit, PS, then PC Gaming, the starting at the xbox gen I have moved on to the 360. So with my background in gaming suffice it to say, I'm not into hand holding, ala fable, skyrim, that doesnt mean I wont play those games, because some have great stories!! but they are not a challenge, and there are no penalties.

Recent changes to Xbox live has got me concerned. First Connect!! I refuse to be pigeon holed into buying that device, while apps, dashboard menus, socail apps all seem tailored to it.

I wont even spell it the right way because my iteration subtly leads to implications about the 360's future and the next gen. Most connect games themselves are god awful, its like the Wii, sales were great xbox followed suit expanding the tech, yet like nintendo 5 to 10 games got produced that were actually mediocre, the rest were garbage (my perspective).

Now for the meat and taters, I suspect that future xbox will be reduced to a social media device, and any games released will be able to be played by blind monkeys. We Will have a connect centric, social media smart phone, With crappy XBLA (no offense to the indies who actually made good games <Braid>), and more pay as you go content, not including gold membership.

Used games will be a thing of the past. Niche disc copies such as my current fav Dark Souls will be a thing of the past because of wussies complaining. The Xbox will turn into a device made soley for wives and children and tight ass businessmen. I think if my prediction comes true, then back to PC I go.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Your magic eight ball must be broken. Mine is fuzzy but it says this.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@gdemann said:

Claudein' it up in here.
Claudein' it up in here.
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sanryd

I think you aren't completely off, but it's like when people complain about Kinect or dumb games for the Wii - the development of those games doesn't have to mean there will be any less of the "hardcore" games people like you enjoy.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

Uh-huh.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude
@Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

This is an Xbox hate thread. You didn't mention Sony and hardly mentioned Nintendo. Your points against Xbox aren't utterly invalid, but come back when you've both thought them through and can express them better.

UdderDischarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UdderDischarge

This is not a hate thread as you so eloquently labeled it. First this is a blog meant to express my opinion about the future of consoles sorry for not including PS. When you will see hate threads will be when and if my prediction comes true as it has already begun to manifest, you will see the hate and not just from me, but probably from many others, including yourself. Also my opinion was wonderfully expressed within the context I was writing about, as far as I'm concerned you my want to re-read it, or ignore it all together.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Fuck yeah, console hate!

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By clumsyninja1

Where can I get those connect that kids talk about these days. Children and their pokeballs, I tell ya. Damn those city kids!!!!!!