• 160 results
#1 Edited by pot (68 posts) -

By cry, it could be eyes got really watery. It doesn't have to mean you bawled your eyes out!

Mine was in Lost Odyssey and it wasn't a cutscene or anything either. It was the short stories that had emotional music and white text on a black background! Also the end of disc 1 was really emotional as well.

SPOILERS in the thread, be forewarned!

#2 Edited by Jimi (1126 posts) -

MGS1, Sniper Wolf.

SHE LIKED DOGS HOW CAN SHE BE A BAD PERSON.

Honorable Mention: Grandia, Sue's departure.

#3 Edited by pot (68 posts) -

Omg sniper wolf, I remember her. That was pretty sad too. That reminds me I have the digital version of MGS1 on PS3, I need to replay it.

#4 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

The Walking Dead, the end. Before that, I don't remember ever coming close.

#5 Posted by Skyrider (373 posts) -

Shadow of the Colossus, ya'll know the part.

#6 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Super Mario Bros, I was 3 years old and I could never complete the 1-2 level for the life of me and eventually I would give up and start crying.

I know that is not exactly what you mean but no other game has ever even come close to making me cry as all Video Game stories are complete fucking garbage.

#7 Posted by Chalian (216 posts) -

Persona 3

#8 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

Pokemon Gold, i played for so much my eyes were teary

#9 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@tsiro said:

I'm one of those cold-hearted motherfuckers who finished the game and didn't really felt touched by anybody else then Ben. He's the only credible guy in the gang for me.

But to answer the topic, MGS3's ending was incredibly touching. The scene where Snake comes back, that is.

#10 Posted by SeanFoster (882 posts) -

I remember crying near the end of Dragon Age: Origins when your companion members say goodbye to you.

#11 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (861 posts) -

When I was like six, I wanted to play Tetris but my cousin wouldn't let me then punched me in the face so I cried.

Somewhat true story.

#12 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@tsiro said:

Pretty much this.

#13 Posted by TruthTellah (9426 posts) -

I think it was Chrono Trigger. I did not expect Crono to die like that.

And then when Aeris died in FF7.

And Lost Odyssey got me, too.

The recent The Walking Dead, as well...

#14 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

Halo 2, it was such a poor sequel I cried

#15 Posted by fartbox (3 posts) -

aeris's death, FF7.

#16 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

Final Fantasy X

Shut up.

#17 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

FFX, I ain't even ashamed. That game had some beautiful imagery, and I found a lot of moments really touching. I got a lot of chills in that game, and I can't recall when I cried, but I wanna say it was with her and Tidus in the water, and the ending.

That said, I really wish that I had the fortitude to finish LO because those stories were the saddest things that struck me in all the softest spots.

I might just suck it up and buy it again.

#18 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

GTAIV I think.

#19 Posted by Flyinnmunkee (28 posts) -

It was the ending to FFVII: Crisis Core for me, I was sobbing saying "He became a Hero" (and I put like 70 hours in that game).

And I got all welled up at the big intense part of Journey.

#20 Posted by jsnyder82 (762 posts) -

None.

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (15106 posts) -

Haha add one more to the Sniper Wolf group. Her and Grey Fox at the end. Its one of the many reasons MGS1 is the game that has shaped my gaming tastes the most out of any game. It showed me that you could have empathy for characters in a video game. Was the first time that happened to me.

#22 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

I was pretty sad at certain moment of MGS1, FFVI, FFVII, and Chrono Trigger but I'm pretty sure the fist time a game made me cry was FFX's ending. Funny thing is I can go back and some of those older moments, such as Wolf's death, will make me cry now. Music is a big part of getting me.

#23 Edited by believer258 (12100 posts) -

I can't think of one that did.

What's up with the "...have you cried at any games/movies/books/animes/paintings" threads lately?

#24 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

Bastion - as the narration builds and you realize what is going on and what you're going to have to do, I was choking up. The funny part being that the first half of that game was almost completely devoid of any emotional investment for me. By the end, I was hooked.

#25 Edited by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

To The Moon when you find out the origins of the Platypus and everything starts to come together.

#26 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

ICO. Such a bittersweet ending.

#27 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2287 posts) -

Sorry but I don't cry, the most I can get is chocked up or just feel sorrowful in which case the death of Sniper Wolf in MGS as well as the whole cemetery scene at the end of MGS3.

#28 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

Maybe Breath of Fire, because I was so terrified of certain parts that I pleaded my brother not to play the game. Or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past because, for some reason, I kept crying to my parents about getting the game despite having no exposure to it previously.

As for actually playing a game, Final Fantasy X.

#29 Posted by Hunter5024 (5905 posts) -

Aeris I think. I was seven.

#30 Posted by flasaltine (1695 posts) -

To The Moon and then The Walking Dead

#31 Posted by TobbRobb (4818 posts) -

Crisis Core might have been the most emotional I've been in a game. I think that story makes FF7 itself way more tragic too. It's kind of a fucked up connection, because as lone games they aren't that amazing storywise, but together they fit perfectly.

Otherwise, nothing really. Can't think of something. I keep choking up in Visual Novels, but those are basically books, so fuck it. I've been sad in more books anyways.

#32 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

It's pretty tough to get me to cry, and you never see emotional father son moments in games, so never?

#33 Posted by Akeldama (4255 posts) -

The last hour of Metal Gear Solid 3.

#34 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3239 posts) -

Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway ending.

#35 Posted by JoeyRavn (5007 posts) -

That I remember? Probably 999. They were tears of "OMG, this is so freaking amazing, I can't believe this is happening", not tears of sadness, though.

Real sadness? The Walking Dead.

#36 Posted by Happenstance (467 posts) -

The end of the Walking Dead is the only one that comes to mind at the moment but I'm certain there must have been others. Im a complete wuss when it comes to sad moments lol

#37 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

To the Moon. That game.

#38 Posted by loiv (36 posts) -

At the end of Final Fantasy X.

#39 Posted by Catarrhal (849 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, when FemShep joined Kolyat in prayer… lemme just say that was a powerful moment.

#40 Posted by Deadlypixels (72 posts) -

The ending of the first Kingdom Hearts

#41 Posted by Master_Funk (740 posts) -

End of Persona 3 probably.

#42 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

Ending character synopses to Throne of Bhaal is the first I can remember. You don't not get emotional over the end of a game and characters you spent hundreds of hours with.

#43 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

Final Fantasy 7 (Aeris's death)....then many years later I played Lost Odyssey.

#44 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

Haven't cried once, pussies.

#45 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. - What ya mean she's in another castle? :(

#46 Posted by forkboy (1174 posts) -

I can't think of a game ever moving me to tears. Closest I ever got was probably Red Dead Redemption, that bit near the end when John goes back to the farm. That was kinda fucked up. Though I do notice that as I've gotten older entertainment mediums get to me more than they did when I was younger. There's been a couple of films I got a bit wet in the eye-department over since turning 25. But games just haven't been able to push me over the edge yet.

#47 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

I don't think I've ever cried for a game. I certainly don't remember doing so. But my throat did that weird closing up thing when Mordin starting singing Scientist Salarian in Mass Effect 3. I guess that's the closest example I have.

#48 Posted by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

Fire Emblem for the GBA when Ninian is killed, and then when the main villain comes out to gloat made it worse for me.

#49 Posted by CaLe (4039 posts) -

To The Moon.

#50 Posted by Fredddi43 (352 posts) -

Dust: An Elysian Tail. The feeling, the music, the story and the sweat and passion that went into making that game.

And then The Walking Dead.