The PAX Mario Party was setup for the best Heel Turn EVER

sw0rdfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

If the WWE were scripting this, it couldn't have been setup any better.

When Brad landed on the Chomp space on his next to last turn, with the score tied at 6, the Dark Alliance could have come back with a vengeance... what would have made the moment that much better was that fact that two turns prior ( or so ) when Drew used his capsule to burn himself 10 spaces forward, he also burned his other capsules which burned the bone capsule he had been carrying almost the entire game!

And while the moment itself was pretty fantastic as it played out, and I was smiling pretty wide for it, had Brad turned heel and aided DirtyDan Rycert to win, I think the place would have erupted in a manner not even John Stewart can muster.

comprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While it would have been a shocking moment at the time, it would have made no difference in the final outcome as Drew won by 2 stars. Dan having one extra (instead of Brad) would have just made it a closer race. Either way... I was kinda hoping Brad did turn heel at the moment I was watching it just to see the crowd lose it.

sw0rdfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comprox: Drew won by two stars... Drew would have had one less ( Brad would have stolen from him ), and Dan would have had one more ( the one he lost to Brad ). Would have been tied. No idea what the tie breaker is.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MezZa

@sw0rdfish: Tie breaker is coins. Which if I remember correctly Dan had a ton, but I can't remember what he had by the end of the game.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By poobumbutt

@comprox: Was just gonna say this.

That said, I agree that it would have made for a legitimately stomach-wrenching, nail-biter of an ending. Kind of do wish Brad had pulled an Undertaker "Is that because you're better than me?" heel turn. Or at least played the agent of chaos and picked "random".

God, what a great MPP.

P.S. Swordfish: The tie breaker would be the bonus stars... of which, Drew won two.

Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Roy42

@sw0rdfish: Tie breaker is coins. Which if I remember correctly Dan had a ton, but I can't remember what he had by the end of the game.

Dan had over 200 coins and lost it all from landing on the piranha plant twice, then a 50-coin battle game, then a bob-omb, then another bob-omb, then buying stars, then rolling a 1 and landing on the hammer bro(ther) that he had just thrown down, then Jeff stealing the last 10 coins away from him. And then Drew caused a Bowser Revolution, which left everyone with equal coins. Drew and Dan were on the same team for the last minigame and won.

If two players have equal stars, it's decided by coins.

If two players have equal stars and equal coins…

Both players hit a dice block each. Higher number wins.

It's a game of skill, you see.

sw0rdfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy42 said:

If two players have equal stars and equal coins…

Both players hit a dice block each. Higher number wins.

It's a game of skill, you see.

really? That would have been awesome.

Jeff would have been pissed.