THE QUESTION 13: Are you attending Halo Reach's midnight launch?

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Welcome to THE QUESTION 13

Halo Reach is launching in about 4 hours tonight, are you attending the midnight launch at your local Best Buy, Futureshop or EB Games? If so what are you most excited about and will you be playing right after you buy the game? My friend and I were planning to attend the event but we have school tomorrow and don't live close to each other so we won't be buying the game until later this week.
Kahnero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kahnero
No, I'm patient enough to wait after midnight. I've never attended to any midnight launch.
edge426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By edge426

nope but tomorrow morning im heading over to the store its late to stand in line for a game that will be there tomorrow morning.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DystopiaX

No, got school. Since I'm a senior, I got my mom to pick it up for me, and I already cleared my schedule so tomorrow after school I'm just gonna play all day. Blast through the campaign on heroic, then play MP until around midnight.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

No, imma get it after school tomorrow.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm not really doing anything with my life for the next week or so, so I'll probably mosey over to the local game shop (an awesome 30 seconds away) and pick Reach up in an hour. Yeeah... fuck it. 

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Nah. I have the Legendary edition reserved on Amazon, which shipped via FedEx earlier today. Usually I get Halo games at midnight and beat them the same day, but I didn't want to take any chances! I still have to finish hooking up my surround sound tonight anyways.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

I would have for the fun of it if it weren't so much cheaper to order on Amazon.  No tax, $20 credit...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck no.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

No, for incredibly obvious reasons.

fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fixerofdeath

No, and if you plan to you're a fucktard. They are not going to run out of copies anytime soon.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Sooty

I went and got a copy because we all have tomorrow off so we can blast through campaign and have some mp fun until the early hours. Great game so far the sense of scope is much better.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By zidane_24

Naw. Gonna get a good night's sleep and then spend most of tomorrow playing it. Not like I'd be waking up before 10 AM either way.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Nope, I buy my games from Amazon now.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero

No I am not. Preordered it off Amazon and chose Free Super Saver Shipping.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Nope, no money and if I did have money I'd buy Metroid: Other M ;)

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By CharleyTony

I did get Halo 3 at it's midnight launch ( I waited about 30 minutes). This time I just ordered it online and got to save some money on it. It doesn't matter if I dont get it on launch day.  

At some point you have realize that not getting something right away should only frustrate young children and if you call yourself an adult you should get over it quickly. I don't know when I will get mine and That will give me time to play other stuff that I haven't finished yet. Of course, I'll be really happy when I see it in my mailbox. 

(when you look at how price drops work in the gaming industry, you see that after 2 or 3 months, most games have a hard time selling and get price dropped. This is just because gamers think that after 3 months a game is "old" and not worth getting. It is the same game, it might even have a patch or two that make playing it from the start even better ...)

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Haha I haven't bought the game yet but I want to buy it by this week cause I know the Limited Edition will be sold out which is the only version of the game that I want.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By MysteriousBob
@FixerofDeath said:
" No, and if you plan to you're a fucktard. They are not going to run out of copies anytime soon. "
I've never gone to a midnighr launch. I think if you can't even wait one night- you're insane.
megaplushie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By megaplushie

My cousin and I went to Walmart (which is a minute from where he stays) to get Reach at Midnight. We didn't pre-order because pre-ordering is for chumps who want the Limited Edition SKUs. The only thing we had to do until 12:01am was stare at the countdown clock in the case and sample Mountain Dew and Doritos. We had our copy and $20 GiftCard and Reach beanie hat in hand at like 12:15am.  There was only maybe 2 dozen people waiting for the game at Walmart since I guess everyone else got theirs from the GameStop in the same shopping center.

This is the first Midnight release I've attended since Pokémon Gold & Silver came out.