The Realm (KS) - adventure game with insanely gorgeous art!

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AssInAss

The Realm Kickstarter page - Atomhawk Design + Lantern Interactive

An emotive visually stunning game set in a familiar but strange future - an imaginative reinvention of the point&click adventure genre

No Caption Provided

I've always wanted more human/monster interactions like Majin in games. Since The Last Guardian is vaporware :P, I don't mind this.

The utterly generic, f2p sounding name won't help it, though.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kinda cool to see England overgrown.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AssInAss

Music by Richard Jacques

He did music for Sonic 3D, Headhunters, Mass Effect, Jet Set Radio games, Samba De Amigo, LittleBigPlanet 2.....damn!

Loading Video...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Yeah, the name is bad.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By pickassoreborn

Cheers for plugging our Kickstarter - I was about to do some professional whorin'

I didn't name the project. If I did, I would have called it The Sadness of Infinity.

It is exciting though - our first bonafide Kickstarter project. We've been working internally on Realm (sorry again) for some time now, so it's good that we've finally got things out there. Richard Jacques did an amazing job with the soundtrack for the trailer - we were surprised by him when he secretly used his orchestral time to give the trailer soundtrack more of a sheen.

Any help from you fine fellow GB duders would be very much appreciated - we really want to make this game something special.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By confusedowl

I'm not usually a fan of point and click games but this does look pretty nice. I'm really digging the art style.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeldh

Wow! this looks really really great!

I really thought the game was f2p game when i clicked the topic, haha! But The Sadness Of Infinity sounds worse.

EDIT: Apparently there is an mmorpg called The Realm Online, but its not free to play.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#7  Edited By Kidavenger

This will probably sound really silly, but I've never backed a kickstarter if they didn't make some provision for giving out Steam keys. The way I buy and play games, it could be years before I get around to something and if it isn't right there waiting for me I'll definitely forget about it so I tend to not bother unless it is something incredible.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers for plugging our Kickstarter - I was about to do some professional whorin'

I didn't name the project. If I did, I would have called it The Sadness of Infinity.

It is exciting though - our first bonafide Kickstarter project. We've been working internally on Realm (sorry again) for some time now, so it's good that we've finally got things out there. Richard Jacques did an amazing job with the soundtrack for the trailer - we were surprised by him when he secretly used his orchestral time to give the trailer soundtrack more of a sheen.

Any help from you fine fellow GB duders would be very much appreciated - we really want to make this game something special.

Oh wow, are you on the team?

No Caption Provided

I hope this gets made, looks great. Best of success.

There's plenty of time to change that name :P

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assinass: I am indeed. Bearded chap on the right in front of the other bearded chap. Hang on. All those men on the right have beards. Beards.

It is pretty exciting to see where this will all lead - we already have a community of adventure game fans within Kickstarter itself helping. The community is extremely humbling, to be honest. I think it's something we've always wanted to do as a company and Kickstarter is a great way to not only fund it, but to directly connect with the people who will be funding and playing the game itself.

Onwards!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm gonna get all up ins with mah cynicsm: All I'm seeing is a bunch of pretty concept art, a couple frames of animation, and the most uninspiring name for a game in recent memory.

I guess there's a music dude what did some stuff, so that's cool.

Not sure if I should be excited for this game or not.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AssInAss

Layerpaint interview with Atomhawk Design about The Ream

This interview is super cool, quite a lot of enticing info in there like the east (Miyazaki) + west art styles, future Newcastle not being full of Geordies but farmers, and emotions being delivered through body language (e.g. animated movies, cartoons) rather than usually faces in cutscenes of most games.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wasn't there a game like this? Not exactly like this, but the whole, "Human character with a monster companion" thing. I remember Giant Bomb doing a quick look of a game like that, though I can't remember the name at all.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By EVO

Holy shit, this looks beautiful. I passed on Dreamfall but I might have to get in on this.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Unfortunately, the name makes me immediately think of The Realm from Sierra online. One of the first graphical MMOs out there.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New video update. Talk of mixing mystical with technology.

Loading Video...

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pickassoreborn

My boss doesn't know how to use apostrophes properly. This makes me slightly sad.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AssInAss

New video on how they actually build the game:

Loading Video...

Fascinating stuff.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Gameplay Details Video

They describe how the removal of pixel hunting and inventory management makes for different puzzles, give an example of one puzzle through concept art, the 4 camera system, and how the storytelling will be both in-game and through cutscenes.

Loading Video...

You can download the trailer musicnow from Soundcloud. It's already such great music.

The Realm on Steam Greenlight

I'll be pleasantly surprised if this gets fully funded.