The tech or programs Giantbomb uses to stream games together?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I been wondering for a little while now, how are they streaming a game to each other with like little to no latency while also streaming to the audience?

I understand the part to get the feed to the audience, but to have someone else see it with no latency seems new to me. Just curious what program that are using to do that.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I'm not sure what GB is using (probably something more professional), but I often screen share games on Discord with friends/family and I would say the latency is definitely under .5-1s there.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Parsec or Google Meet screen-sharing I guess.

They've only recently got it setup in general I think because that's why we were getting solo streams for a while. Check Vinny's topic for other technical details (I think they try to record audio locally on each computer and sync it up)

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's all good to know, thank you. Also I didn't know the latency for Discord was that low either.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I believe a lot of them are using Parsec for multiplayer games. Discord is really low-latency as well but caps out at something like 10 viewers right now. It's worth noting that Twitch has a low-latency mode as well but I believe it's restricted to partnered accounts or whatever the upper tier is over there? I could be wrong about that, though.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kaos_cracker

@rorie: Thats all good to know Rorie. I think Parsec may be the way to go with the future of some this type of streaming.