There are too many damn games. Which ones will you be playing this year?

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll There are too many damn games. Which ones will you be playing this year? (252 votes)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 10%
Assassin's Creed Syndicate 15%
Rise of the Tomb Raider 19%
Just Cause 3 42%
Halo 5 Guardians 22%
Star Wars Battlefront 23%
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Seige 4%
Fallout 4 80%
Hitman 8%
Metal Gear Solid V 62%
Need For Speed 8%
Arkham Knight: Now on PC 17%

Seriously, too many AAA games to play before the end of the year.

Major second half of 2015 releases listed only. I'm sure I missed some and that makes me a terrible person.

• 
tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

fallout, mgsv and galak-z when that comes out for pc

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Fallout 4 is the only game on that list that has a guaranteed purchase out of me, with Battlefront as a "maybe" depending on reviews and word of mouth. I will be playing Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition when that comes out next week though. I never finished the original version due to some save issues, so this gives me a perfect excuse to give it another go.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

So I had to MGSV. And c'mon. Bethesda rpg. C'mon! I wish I could Just Cause. So badly. But that is three weeks after fallout. If I have the time I'll be sad.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman isn't out this year, it got delayed. I voted for Tomb Raider, MGSV, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 and NFS.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of those. Well, I already finished Batman on PC months ago. But other than that, none of them.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not looking good for rainbow six from like the seven people that have voted

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Of that list, Fallout 4 is the only one I'm playing anytime this year.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For sure gunna play fallout 4 I'll be renting battlefront probably

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing and loving Mad Max.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sinusoidal

Been Soulsing it up lately. Played through DS1 for the third time, and started DS2 for my first time. If DS2 takes me as long as 1, I've probably got another 20-30 hours of it left, then I intend to get around to some of those 45+ PS3 games sitting unstarted on my desk. After Souls, I feel like I need something more leisurely, so I'll probably play Ni No Kuni or Aquanaut's Holiday next. Judging from the rate I play video games at these days and the size of the backlog pile, I may never play a freshly released video game again.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Currently playing through Tales of Zestiria right now. Fallout 4 will be the last major release of 2015 that I play and I'm super hyped for it. 2015 probably holds the record for most games I've picked up on release day, it's been a great year and Fallout 4 is the perfect way to end it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Already playing MGS, and hoping to get to Arkham Knight before the year's end/GOTY spoilerfest. Fallout 4 and the others will probably have to wait until next year.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

None of those except probably Fallout.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zeik

My brother is picking up Fallout 4 and Battlefront, so I'll probably bum off his copies before the year is done. (F4 moreso than Battlefront.) Not sure there's anything left that I'll be picking up myself this year, especially since I'm totally broke. I'll probably just end up resubbing to FFXIV to tide me over for awhile.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Already beat MGS and Arkham, definitely getting Fallout 4, will try to get Assassin's during some Black Friday sale and maybe toss in Battlefront if there's a really good deal for it.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got that sweet platinum in MGSV (I know, I hate myself). Now it's on to Fallout and Battlefront for me until I can get my grubby hands on DOOM.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Fallout 4, above all those others if it functions well on release. I won't be buying it day one, I want to wait and see if anyone reports a bunch of errors with the PC version. Besides, when I start it, I want several free hours in a row in which to play it, which I won't have until the Friday after it comes out. If the PC version is very problematic, I'll just play the Xbox One version and buy the GOTY edition whenever it comes out on PC. I also have Halo 5 pre-ordered, so I'll be playing that. After watching the Unfinished, I'm pretty pumped, that game looks great.

I thought that 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider was one of the best third person shooters of last generation, I'm in the camp that thinks it's vastly superior to Uncharted, so I'll more than likely play Rise of the Tomb Raider. I feel like that game's release date is going to send it to the grave, though - a few days after Call of Duty and on the same day as Fallout 4? Who the hell thought that was a great release date for that game?

Just Cause 3 looks pretty great. However, on reflection, Avalanche have only released one game that I thought was pretty damn great and that was Just Cause 2, five years ago. In the interim, they've released one game that seems totally fine but I couldn't get into (Renegade Ops) and one game that I thought was fun for a little while but had significant problems (Mad Max). Like Rise of the Tomb Raider, it's in the "probably, but I'll wait a little while" pile.

I already own Arkham Knight on the Xbox One, I never finished it. Like Origins and City before it, the game is missing a much-needed lack of structure. Something like a hub area that the levels branch off of and wrap back around to would be nice. You know, like Asylum. I still think it's good when I'm actually in a closed-off area, but the open world in those games is unnecessary and boring.

I won't be done at the end of the year, either! Dragon's Dogma releases on PC in January and I'm hoping it's a good port. X-Com 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided come out in February. March has Dark Souls III. It's not that there won't be time between these releases, but I want to play all of these games! Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin are getting enhanced editions this month (Wasteland's is already out) and I want to try both of those out, especially since both implemented controller support and, well, I've always been interested in playing those RPG's with a controller, whatever purists and hardcore CRPG guys might have to say about that notion. I'd love to see Pillars of Eternity get such an update but that game uses a real time with pause system. It could work, but I think it would be too clunky.

Anyway, yeah, there are things I want to play coming out in the next few months that I'm really excited for. I'm coming off of the high of just finishing The Witcher 3, too, and I just started a New Game + for it. I won't be finishing that for months but it could be a nice thing to just jump into whenever I don't know what to play.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Substance_D

Fallout 4, MGS V, and Halo 5 are the only ones I felt confident preordering. I'll probably preorder Just Cause 3, too.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I would play Tomb Raider, but it's not going to be out on a platform I own this year.

already playing MGS V

I will play Arkham Knight if I can get it run at a decent framerate.

Everything else on that list is a maybe for me. Fallout 4 AssCreed probably are the top also rans for me and the only ones I'm likely to consider.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3 and MGSV :fallen:

ScottishDafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo 5, Tomb Raider & Fallout 4. I'm not fussed about any of the others. Well, I'll probably play Just Cause 3, but that won't be until a good bit later, well into next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I've boughten so many games this year I told myself Halo 5 is my last purchase..at least until I clear my entire backlog. So Halo 5 will be my last purchase for 2015.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3's the only one I'm curious enough to go for before the year is out. I can leave Fallout if they're going to push DLC heavily and Just Cause is too late in the year to cram it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

There definitely needs to a 'none' option.

I'll pick up RotTR next year when it's on PC. I'll pick up Fallout 4...sometime...

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying an Xbox the day before Halo, and I'll pick up Fallout the day it comes out. I think I'll pick up Just Cause also

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Already covered - Arkham Knight, Mad Max, Phantom Pain, Bloodborne, Project Cars, Dying Light, Elder Scrolls Online, Farm Sim 15, Dark Souls 2 Redux, and of course Witcher 3

Next up - Fallout 4, Battlefront, Just Cause 3, maybe Rainbow Six Siege. Other games like Hitman have been kept back but I can see next year bringing Dark Souls 3, No Man's Sky, Ghost Recon, Deus Ex, maybe The Division and maybe Firewatch. I'm sure there are a lot of other games due out but Fallout makes it hard to see anything else, I've no interest in the next Uncharted. The first one was good but they started to feel to same-same and more like a visual experience than anything else. I'll probably skip the next Far Cry too.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By pweidman

For me it's all about Fallout 4. I'll play Halo 5 in a few days, co-op w/buddies and the mp for some laughs, but come the 10th, it's Fallout. My constant go back to games will be on hold too: Diablo 3, Destiny, ESO, and Forza 6. I'll dust off the old PS4 though if a No Man's Sky miracle happens.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Of this list CoDBlOps III, Battlefront, Fallout 4, MGSV and Arkham Knight PC are my certainties.

Technically I finished Arkham Knight PC a month or two back, but I'll include it. Might get to some of the other games if I can.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if I'll get any of these (maybe Fallout 4 if it gets amazing reviews). I still have a lot of unfinished games and I'm either just not that excited or I can't get (looking at you, timed exclusive Tomb Raider) any of the other games

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'll be getting Fallout for sure. I already have MGSV and I finished Batman. Assassin's Creed can wait a few months. I thought that was it, but I forgot about Tomb Raider! That might be an after Christmas purchase.

If I end up getting a PS4 I might get that Battlefront bundle, but I don't see myself playing it for much other then marveling at the pretty Star Wars graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only new release I plan on buying during the rest of the year is Yakuza 5.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I just selected 5 and you haven't even included Starcraft on there. RIP my last year of Uni.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Giant_Gamer

My last COD game was COD:BO2. So i'm looking forward to COD:BO3. Every other game will have a wait and see approach.

Oh, and i already played MGSV.. First MGS game that got me bored midway through and i still can't go back to it.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its funny, I was just saying last night that outside of Fallout 4 there isnt anything worth playing for the rest of the year, for me at least. I don't have an Xbone( so no Tomb Raider). I'm interested in Syndicate, but too close to Fallout 4 to buy atm. I don't buy Multiplayer only games(Star Wars and R6). I've already played and beaten Batman. Hitman has my curiosity.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing this year? Mayyyybe Fallout 4. Halo 5 would be a next year thing for me probably if I end up picking up an Xbox One or Microsoft goes crazy and releases it for Windows 10.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BallsLeon

MGSV

Until Dawn

Warhammer End of Times: Vermintide

NHL 16

Fallout 4

Just Cause 3

Maybe: SOMA, Undertale, and Sword Coast Legends

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SomeJerk

With Bloodborne DLC in a months time for real AAA of polish, quality, reliability, stability, treating the customer right without begging for microtransaction bullshit, I'll be fine for the rest of the year, unless they pull some serious OUT NOW/SOON surprises at PGW/PSX. Tomorrow Children for chill-factor if it makes it out this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

None of the above? My backlog is getting ridiculous and I need to finish some games.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Xenoblade Chronicles X

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

None. I'm done for the year and I have my GOTY list figured out.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

This year I'll "only" still play Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battlefront and maybe Dragon Quest: Heroes.

I'm already done with MGS V, will probably play Just Cause 3 (and maybe AC: Syndicate) at some later date and am not all that interesting in anything else coming out in the next few months (I could be forgetting something). I would play Tomb Raider, though, but since it's not on PS4 for a year it's not an option.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably only Fallout 4 and I already beat MGS5.

Just Cause 3 definitely sometime after release

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo and Fallout. Maybe MGSV if I can get it on the cheap on Black Friday. Everything else can wait until 2016.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By Nev

Fallout 4. Super hyped, and doubt I grab any other new 2015 releases beyond it.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Halo 5, Need For Speed, Fallout and Battlefront.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheating a little since it comes out in January, but Dragons Dogma PC is day 1 for me.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yokai Watch and Xenoblade.

GalmActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GalmActual

I didn't expect Just Cause 3 to get that many votes! Especially since it comes right after Fallout 4, which everyone and their mother will be getting.

Fallout 4 seems to be the must-have game this year. Every time Bethesda releases a TES or Fallout game, people who I haven't seen online in months start playing. It attracts such a huge swath of people, and further expansions (DLC) will only give it a longer tail.

Battlefront is missing that endless instant action playlist mode that I want. The main attraction there is multiplayer, so the chances of it being fun to play when it inevitably goes on sale many months later are dubious at best. My unconditional love for Star Wars becomes conditional when they make bunk-ass games about it.

I'm already so deeply entrenched in Halo that I am forced to buy all new main Halo entries. Halo 5 looks waaaay better than 4. Also, any new Halo is superior to the MCC fuck up.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

To be honest there are a few games I'll probably play, but as far as one I'm excited about...not much.

I will probably catch up on some of the fall games I have missed, and wait until the games I actually wanted come out in February & March.

To be truthful, I like that games this years are LESS broken 2014 was a shitty years for game that actually worked, so that is nice. But this year it just seems like a lot of games where "I thought" they would do a better job with from 2013 and 2014 they just keep screwing up.

Tomb Raider comiong out this year is a prime example. The community said, "This isn't tomb Raider,,,where are teh tombs?....why is Lara a serial killer?...we complained about Nathan Drake shooting everyone, but THAT Is what you copy for your game? WHY?" Yet, here we go again Tomb Raider is still shooter heavy, still light on puzzles and tombs. Nobody at Crystal D/Square gives a damn OBVIOUSLY. And, AC: Syndicate is in teh same boat, AC IV was great...AC Unity was shit. Yet this game set in London looks like another fuck-up.