This weekend are Mirror's Edge, PvZ: GW and NFS free

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was announced at the PSX event, only this weekend are Mirror's Edge for PS3, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for PS4 and Need for Speed on the Vita completely free up for grabs on the Playstation Store. You can also visit store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Enjoy!

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the heads up!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

Now I just gotta clear off 2.2 GB from my Vita memory card. Hmmm... tough decisions.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I haven't played NFS on the Vita but ehh I'd rather keep PS+ games on it. These games are forever yours to play on a rainy day...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Garden Warfare was in my top 10 for this year. I just bumped it down to 11 but it's actually really great. I'm surprised. It's another horde mode game, but one with incredible polish and style.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but when I look at my Vita there are games I could remove and not mind losing. Smart As, Dragon's Crown and Sonic Racing Transformed are big file sizes that I've almost got the platinum trophy on. Should I try and finish one of them off or just delete Tearaway and Rayman; two games I have the platinum for and haven't played once this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wow, I almost bought Mirror's Edge when it was on the Black Friday sale on Xbox.

Thanks for saving me two bucks, Ea.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but when I look at my Vita there are games I could remove and not mind losing. Smart As, Dragon's Crown and Sonic Racing Transformed are big file sizes that I've almost got the platinum trophy on. Should I try and finish one of them off or just delete Tearaway and Rayman; two games I have the platinum for and haven't played once this year.

You realize you can redownload PS Plus games as much as you want, right?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I already got my fill of Mirror's Edge on the 360, it'll be cool having Garden Warfare when I get the PS4 next month. On top of all the PS+ games over the past few months, I'm not going to be hurting for stuff to play on PS4, haha.

JDillinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA trying to work their way back into Sony's good graces after their partnership with Microsoft. Guess they can no longer ignore the writing on the wall now.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Ravelle

Everyone's downloading Garden Warfare, downloading 3 GB takes forever.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

It doesn't help that it has to simultaneously download an update patch that's bigger than the game itself.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

Thanks for the heads up.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Yeah, but it's a hassle. I'd need to clear space again, then it'll take about 5 hours on this rural internet to download a 2 GB file. Then I'd need to redownload my save files because on Vita those are deleted when you delete a game. I'd be better to finish a game and be done with it forever.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: It deletes your saves? Why? Not even the PSP does that.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Seems like rebooting the system kickstarted the download speed, it went in to sleep mode and the download speed picked up and was done in a couple of minutes.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Saves are part of the application data. I think it has something to do with Vita cartridges having save data; you remove the cartridge you also remove the save. Since all cartridge games are also downloadable those games have the same structure. PSP and PS1 saves aren't deleted because those are saved separately and have a separate save manager.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Everyone and their dog should download PvZ. I myself will get to enjoy it in february though as I don't have a PS4 yet.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@zeik said:

@mosespippy: It deletes your saves? Why? Not even the PSP does that.

Because of poor decisions made by Sony, really. They could have just made them stored on the memory card, but that would have been TOO convenient. You can back them up on a PC, but you have to actually remember to do it first.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to let people know in case they didn't: you NEED PS Plus to do anything in PvZ, even the offline or single player stuff. And no, disconnecting from the network doesn't work either, it just tells you to log into PSN.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

I was able to get not only PVZ for free but thanks to Playstation plus I was able to get Injustice and Secret Ponchos. PS plus is a fantastic value.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sinusoidal

Thanks for this! Mirror's Edge was always one of those games that was only marginally in my to-play zone so I never bothered picking it up since I'm sitting on top of a pile of must-play games that I haven't started. Might as well get it now for free!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was able to get not only PVZ for free but thanks to Playstation plus I was able to get Injustice and Secret Ponchos. PS plus is a fantastic value.

And you're still missing one PS4 title. "Titan Attacks!" is a cross-buy PS4, PS3, and Vita title. It's like space invaders, but with loads of neat upgrades. Check it out, if you haven't already.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games of all time, glad to get a chance to play it again.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just wanted to let people know in case they didn't: you NEED PS Plus to do anything in PvZ, even the offline or single player stuff. And no, disconnecting from the network doesn't work either, it just tells you to log into PSN.

If you have a PS4 you should probably have PS+.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#28 gamer_152  Moderator

Wow, those are pretty good deals. Not bad Sony.