Thoughts on recent influx of FMV games?

Neoseoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Netflix seems to be rolling another out soon in the rom-com genre, but just came across this...

https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/interactive-k-drama-i-fall-in-love-too-easily-launches-crowdfunding-campaign-on-kickstarter.

First time I'm seeing a mix of K-Drama with QTEs and cute animated games lol- thoughts? :)

Hallyu wave still going strong, Koreaboos about to go crazy with it...

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Broshmosh

There is also this one from Square Enix that honestly I am quite on board with. I don't remember them announcing this anywhere, I only found out about it from the marketing email they sent out.

Personally I'm on board with it. I see FMV more as a style of game than a genre (for example you can have multiple genres of game within the bracket of "casual game"), so some are going to resonate more with me than others. Couldn't stand that recent murder island one Nextlander played through, I thought every character was utter shit, but this detective one seems right up my alley.

cmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There will be a lot of these kinds of games soon and this is just the beginning. Other than that, I've seen a lot of these not just in kdrama features but also in jdrama and cdrama.

This will be entertaining for those who are interested in casual romantic stories. This genre is actually really popular. My sister for one, plays a lot of ikemen games.