TNT in the Videos section of the site?

BoomSnapClap13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BoomSnapClap13

Is there a reason that the recorded footage from TNT doesn't go up on the Videos section of the website? I find myself missing them just cause I'm forgetful and dont remember to go to the other websites, but I do really enjoy watching them. Just think more people would end up seeing it if it goes straight onto the site after the live stream.. Just a thought, and if there is a reason it cant or hasn't been done yet, fill me in.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I would like to see archived versions of TNT hosted on the site and easily accessible on the video page. I don't know why they aren't but they are running out of room on the video navigation.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jclane
BoomSnapClap13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BoomSnapClap13
@jclane:  Thanks for that post, that is helpful. But id still like to see it inunder its own Video tab. Who knows, maybe they are working on it as we speak.
Di5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Di5k
@BoomSnapClap13 said:
" @jclane:  Thanks for that post, that is helpful. But id still like to see it inunder its own Video tab. Who knows, maybe they are working on it as we speak. "
This.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By wrathofconn

I think the issue here is that the video for each TNT episode is archived and hosted by the streaming service and therefore there's no copy of it on Giant Bomb to place in the videos section.

gill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gill

As far as I see it, the main draw for TNT is the ability to play with the staff so I don't think they consider it the utmost importance to archive all the broadcasts. Especially when you consider that it's 2 hours of footage every week. Unless the staff can be convinced that there are enough users who want to watch past TNTs on demand, I don't think they would want to cough up the resources or tackle the extra hurdles of capturing and archiving 2 hours of footage weekly. Until then, you'll just have to sift through the archives on Ustream and Justin.tv, or navigate through my list if you want to see past episodes.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Azteck

I think it's just a matter of the cost of hosting that stuff. Hosting a 2 hour+ video would cost them a ton of money, and in the end it wouldn't really be worth it for them to do that. That and the fact that recording two hours of footage is risky if it would become corrupt, as was the case with Ep. 50 of the Persona 4 ER.