To my fellow duders in Germany/W. Europe

ahynds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ahynds

I now understand the pain that you all have in trying to catch the live streams and other content on this site. I thought it was bad sometimes being over on the eastern side of the U.S., but it really is much more difficult to watch streams over here. I'm in the second week of a conference over in Darmstadt, and it's disappointing that I haven't been able to catch any of the live shows at a reasonable time. So, I have a newfound respect for all of my fellow European duders.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@ahynds: To be fair, GB actually are quite considerate with their live stream times. While things like UPF may finish between midnight and 1am, it's usually the case that livestreams are started at about 4pm local time for GB. That almost certainly is not peak time for a US audience, so I kinda appreciate that they don't wait till 6-8pm local time to begin streaming, as I'd never get to watch anything.

Might just be because they don't want to get home at 10 or 11pm on a Friday, but I like to imagine its because they care about us Europeans.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Hey you're in Darmstadt! I just got home from living in Freiburg, a little south of there, for a year. The time different really sucks when trying to watch live things, but it comes with the location I guess. Are you having trouble actually getting the video to play or is it just the time?

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unprof Fridays is on at 1:30AM on the Friday-Saturday night in Finland. I have never watched it live. The GB SF streams are generally around this time too, so I've never seen them live. I could watch the morning show since it comes on at 5PM but heck, that's way better in podcast-form anyhow.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

Their live stream hours suck if you live on the American west coast. Everything streams during work hours. I can barely watch anything live. :P

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've ever watched anything live, maybe bombin' in the am if I'm off work but for me starting around 11 in the uk is too late