Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Trading in your current console toward a next gen one? (106 votes)

Yep. Out with the old, in with the new. 9%
No way! Too much time and fun invested in this thing. 91%

Personally i'm keeping my Xbox 360 forever.

#1 Posted by Sterling (2615 posts) -

Nope. Keeping it for the games that will continue to come out in the next year or so. Plus the digital purchases.

#2 Edited by MentalDisruption (1665 posts) -

Given the lack of backwards compatibility, hell no. The money I save by trading in the consoles I lose in unplayable games sitting on my shelf.

#3 Posted by Hunter5024 (5912 posts) -

I need to keep both of them because there's no backwards compatibility. Also the amount of money you get for old consoles isn't really worth it.

#4 Edited by ConfusedOwl (961 posts) -

I have a pretty old 360 that's probably worth nothing at this point so I most likely won't be trading it towards next gen.

#5 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1499 posts) -

I've never traded in my old console so I'll keep that tradition going.

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (15112 posts) -

Yeah , sure I'll get like a whopping $40 or something for it and lose access to all the investment I put into the console. Sounds like the worst idea.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (12306 posts) -

I have none to trade.

#8 Posted by Levio (1785 posts) -

If I had anything to trade in, I would. If I ever get nostalgic for my old games, watching a Let's Play or a speed run of them fully quenches my nostalgia. The only game I've ever regretted selling is Donkey Kong 64.

#9 Posted by believer258 (12106 posts) -

Absolutely not.

Well, OK, the decision has kind of been made for me. My 360's disc drive only opens half the time, and the other half I have to stick a paperclip or something in there to open it. My Wii is modified, so selling it might be a bit of a gray area that I don't want to step into. And the PS3 is my brother's.

But even if I had perfectly functioning consoles, I wouldn't sell them.

#10 Posted by altairre (1247 posts) -

Never!

#11 Posted by PatODay (223 posts) -

No way! I don't know how many of my friends will be getting new consoles at launch and there might be some who are still on the 360. plus, you never know when nostalgia will hit and you'll want to go back and play a 360 game again.

#12 Edited by Redbullet685 (6068 posts) -

Nope.

#13 Edited by pompouspizza (292 posts) -

I would only get £100 credit for my ps3 , so it's not really worth it and I'm only buying a PS4 not an xbox one so I will want to keep my 360 anyway. Now I just have to find somewhere to store my ps3 because I won't have the room to keep it hooked up.

#14 Edited by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

If someone wanted to buy my broken PS3, I would sell it. I'm afraid to destroy it because it's always been good to me and I feel that wouldn't be fair to it. I can't spend the money to fix it either since the next generation will be here soon enough anyways.

#15 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Not at all. The only system this could really apply to would be my Wii, and I still have some use to get out of that.

#16 Edited by Zeik (2673 posts) -

Hell no. Even if I didn't like to keep all my consoles (so I can go back to them whenever I want), I expect the PS3 to still have several years of new games before it's legitimately done. Selling it off now would be way too premature.

#17 Posted by pyromagnestir (4337 posts) -

Nope. I've still got games to play.

#18 Posted by Reisz (1522 posts) -

Hell no. I still haven't bought that Dreamcast I always wanted, I'm not selling my consoles for anyone!

#19 Posted by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -

Not while Red Dead Redemption and GTA V only exist on consoles. To be honest, though, if it weren't for those two titles I would probably have sold my 360 a while ago.

#20 Posted by kaos_cracker (655 posts) -

Did it once, never again.

#21 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2041 posts) -

I keep all my old consoles. They're a part of my life!

Also I will probably continue to use my PS3 as a media server since it'll probably take a while for the PS4 to get a good one. Great way to blast music, videos, etc.

#22 Posted by awesomeusername (4231 posts) -

Nope. There's still a bunch of games coming out for PS3 in the fall like Beyond: Two Souls, The Puppeteer, Rain, etc. and I want to play those so I'm keeping it.

#23 Posted by TruthTellah (9428 posts) -

No. The new ones aren't backwards compatible. So... I'll need to stick with these until there's an alternative.

#24 Posted by 23r23d23er23r234f2f2 (25 posts) -

That was my original plan, but not being able to play The Last of Us and GTA V? I think I'll wait.

#25 Edited by darkdragonmage99 (741 posts) -

I still own my NES I don't trade my stuff in I just add it to the shelf