Trophies, The Dawn of Glitches

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Alphiehyr

As we know, the first popular achievement system was on the X360. Which reigned peacefully without any problems for a little while, until it became a huge fucking shit-fest when games started to have problems.. specifically, achievement glitches - cannot be unlocked, broken. Which is usually due the competence and laziness of the game's developer. Like the then-popular Rainbow Six: Vegas which was fine up until they released a Map Pack DLC a year or two later (can't remember), which rendered the "Special Operations" achievement heavily glitched - impossible to unlock.

Now as far I know, the PS3 trophy system has perhaps remained solid without a notch of inconvenience for a year up until the recent news on Battlefield: Bad Company. A trophy glitch whereupon fulfilling it's tasks, the trophy will either unlock (only a handful of people have obtained) or sent to the void. The first thing that springs to mind is the beginning of a year-long  shit-fest of trophy glitches to come; people bitching and complaining.

Games may be games but they should be taken seriously in terms of customer satisfaction. Think about it; spending countless hours on a game just to find out that it's glitched, wouldn't that piss you off? It is the users choice to make the decision of spending hours on achieving something but it's the developers job to make it possible. Perhaps it's time for them to really take responsibility for the crap they've made.

However, to cut this short, it's all about money.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

You have no clue what glitched achievements are until you've tried to get the multiplayer achievements in the first Gears of War...

That game is BEYOND fuck'd.

15,000 kills STILL no Seriously... I had to register some 300 Torque Bow kills and 400 pistol kills...

And my sniper achievement is still missing...

LRP21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LRP21

I stopped playing GTAIV, I reached 30% and had to restart due to trophy issues during launch, I started playing again now on my new ps3 and I think a friend mustve used a cheat code at some point because I've played about 10 missions with no trophies

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By trophyhunter

..................what?