Trying to remember a DOS game

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By L44

I have really fond memories of it just can't remember the name. You are on this kind of utopia planet but I think you were sent to earth for some reason. You find that earth has been enslaved. This guy in a space station then starts a union with you to rebel against the bad guys. So you go off lookingh for allies.

it had kind of the same proby thingy that mass effect had to get resources. There were random encounters with bounty hunters and stuff that you fight in your ship.

Any ideas?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@L44
Star Control II
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lockwoodx

Yep pretty much Mass Effect is a giant rippoff of Star Control 2 but someone eventually had to do it.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By L44

cheers I had so much fun with that game, but never finished it.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By L44

wow mass effect like just copy pasted the whole thing

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By TomA

everything originates from DOS bro

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Buzzkill said:

Yep pretty much Mass Effect is a giant rippoff of Star Control 2 but someone eventually had to do it.

I think you actually mean it takes from Star Control 3's story.  The only parallel between SC2 and Mass Effect is in terms of the Precursors.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lockwoodx
@SeriouslyNow said:

@Buzzkill said:

I think you actually mean it takes from Star Control 3's story.  The only parallel between SC2 and Mass Effect is in terms of the Precursors.
Guess you skipped all those missions down to the surface then lol. Also, the story of Star Control is just one continuous plot so I honestly wouldn't consider 2 and 3's stories separate at all. If you've played the star control series then you've played the mass effect series and most people I know who've played both were throughly  bored with the later.
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Still_I_Cry

What is DOS?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Buzzkill said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
@Buzzkill said:

Guess you skipped all those missions down to the surface then lol.
Which missions?  Do you mean the one mission where you're using the satellite mapping stuff and radar to find the Precursor technology and you fight the mining robots?  Or did you mean some other missions, like where you finding materials to mine on planets (which is actually in Mass Effect 2 and is a tribute to SC2 on purpose) to repair your ship?  Sure, there are some parallels elsewhere too but those are in all kinds of fiction and both Toys for Bob and Bioware have often drawn from many sources.  People who say ME is an SC2 ripoff don't read much and didn't play many games, they just think they did a lot of both.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lockwoodx
@SeriouslyNow said:
People who say ME is an SC2 ripoff don't read much and didn't play many games, they just think they did a lot of both.
I love how you can't manage to post without attacking everyone in the thread/forum. A true class act.
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Buzzkill: Wait, how am I being attacked if I have no opinion on the subject O_O?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Buzzkill said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
People who say ME is an SC2 ripoff don't read much and didn't play many games, they just think they did a lot of both.
I love how you can't manage to post without attacking everyone in the thread/forum. A true class act.
I offered an opinion based on observations I've made.  Here's another observation I made too, Hitman also would constantly go back and edit his posts after the fact.  You and he also share that trait too.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lockwoodx
@SeriouslyNow said:
@Buzzkill said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
I offered an opinion based on observations I've made.  Here's another observation I made too, Hitman also would constantly go back and edit his posts after the fact.  You and he also share that trait too.
lol trolling at it's finest here folks. Just look at them go. ^
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mmmslash

@Buzzkill: As rarely as Seriously and I see eye-to-eye (See: Never), arguing with him in public is just as destructive and counter-productive as what he does. Can we keep this to PM's, if it continues?

Please and thank you.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By august

@L44 said:

wow mass effect like just copy pasted the whole thing

And Star Control just copy pasted from Starflight:

L44