Trying to subscribe from the UK with a Visa debit card...

Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tom1243

I am trying to subscribe from the UK with a Visa debit card and it keeps saying that there is an error. Is this because you can not subscribe with a visa debit card and you can only subscribe with a Visa card (I assumed they were the same, never had a problem buying things from America with it before).

Cheers

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I am using a Visa Debit and I had no problem subscribing. This might be handled better by sending an email to the billing department or messaging Dave.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fwylo

Does Morgan Freeman voice your Visa commercials over there?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

Do you have any weird or uncommon characters in your form(name, address/etc.)?  There were problems with such thing when first starting up.

Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tom1243

Will give it another few goes then, if not I will get in touch with them directly, cheers guys!

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KarlPilkington

Yeah I had no problem with my Visa debit.

Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tom1243
@CitizenKane said:

" Do you have any weird or uncommon characters in your form(name, address/etc.)?  There were problems with such thing when first starting up. "

No, standard name, standard adress with my house number and road and city etc, and postcode. Card details are correct etc.  Just tried again and the same thing happened.
wafflestomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By wafflestomp

Might be a dumb question. Have you tried putting the numbers in with no spaces? 1234567891011

Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tom1243
@wafflestomp said:

" Might be a dumb question. Have you tried putting the numbers in with no spaces? 1234567891011 "

hmm....no, didn't think I would have to. Will give it a go!

Edit : Just said invalid card number :s

I have emailed the billing team now.
martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By martindn

I had no problem.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

I had no problems either as far as I know.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By rahulricky

I had no problems with using a Visa Debit from the UK but no money has come out of my account which is weird. 

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By 234r2we232

I couldn't use my Visa card on Steam :/ maybe we're suffering the same problem.

Aphex666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aphex666

For some reason my Visa Delta wouldn't work so I had to use my visa credit card. I went out after subscribing and my debit card wouldn't work anywhere and it triggered a fraud prevention call from my bank. It was all very strange.

Gaughan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gaughan

I'm getting the same problem. I've been trying since Thursday and just end up with: "Billing failed. Error creating customer: Declined" After getting in touch with my bank they said that my search code was inputted wrong but then said that they might not have set it up for debit cards or something, they weren't very clear. Something to do with debit cards and it not accepting the secret code.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Falx
@Tom1243: My visa debit card wouldnt work until after my bank got in touch with me because they thought that it was a fraudulent transaction.
Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tom1243

Sweet, thanks guys, will go maybe have a word with my bank when I get a free moment, hopefully they call me first if that's the case.

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Jimbo7676
@Tom1243 said:
" I am trying to subscribe from the UK with a Visa debit card and it keeps saying that there is an error. Is this because you can not subscribe with a visa debit card and you can only subscribe with a Visa card (I assumed they were the same, never had a problem buying things from America with it before).  Cheers "
I happen to work at a bank and I know that when clients want to purchase things out of the country they have to tell the bank to allow purchases on their card. A lot of bank fraud occurs by money taken out your account in foreign countries. That being said when I purchased an EVE Online subscription I got a foreign PoS charge but it didn't stop the purchase. These charges will normally be blocked. I'm not sure how it works in the UK but talking to your bank is your best bet.
Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Hooded

Yeah it happened to me and I remember looking on the website and there was a good amount of people having the same issue, I ended up creating a virtual bank card on some website, that never worked either so I tried my other Visa Debit card and it worked, even though it made me overdrawn :( They charge £3 a day!

Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Icadae
@fwylo: Sadly we don't have Visa commercials. They're all from individual banks. 

OT: That would indeed be nice to know. The card you use, is that Electron or Visa?