Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club voting thread for cycle starting 1/17/2022 Voting closed!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

Hello and thanks for your interest in the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. If you don't know what it is you can see more about the Game Club here. There is also where you can suggest games for future cycles, though this current vote will probably stay with the games listed below.

There is still time to play the current game, Gorogoa, before the spoilers open up on the morning of January 17.

To vote in this thread simply list your top two choices with one labeled choice 1 and the other labeled choice 2. Choice 1 gets 3 points and choice 2 gets 1 point. The game with the highest point count wins. If there is a tie then I will break it, but I will not be voting otherwise. Games that are substantially longer than 5 hours are penalized so that a first place vote for one of them only gets 2 points, since the club is focused on shorter games, but longer ones are permitted if there is overwhelming support. Likewise any game that is not available on both PC and console will receive a 1 point penalty to each first place vote.

You can vote even if you have not participated in the Game Club (and voting does not obligate you to participate but we ask that you not vote if you have no interest in participating) and you do not need to vote to participate in this or future cycles. You are also free to vote for games you are interested in and not participate if that game does not win, though it's more fun if people are willing to try games they may not be initially interested in. To avoid "ballot stuffing" I may, at my discretion, throw out the votes from new accounts that don't have prior posting histories on this site, though if one or two people create new accounts to vote that's fine (provided you do not have another pre-existing account.)

Voting will close on the morning of January 17, 2022 when the next game will be announced. I will tabulate the votes then so you may change your vote at any time prior by editing your post. Please do not make multiple voting posts in this thread, though discussion is encouraged. You can feel free to campaign for the game you want to win and make arguments why it is the best choice.

Because Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth is longer than 5 hours please say whether you'd rather have 2 or 3 weeks to finish it. You can vote for that even if you don't vote for Deedlit and even if you are indifferent to what game we play and want to leave your other votes blank. Majority will win there. If we select Supraland we'll have to figure out another schedule because that's a significantly longer game.

If any game receives three or more votes (first or second place) it will be included in the voting for the next cycle. Any game that is nominated but doesn't receive 3 votes will not be eligible for the next cycle but can be re-nominated in future cycles.

NOMINATED GAMES:

The Pedestrian (Puzzle platformer, approx. 4 hours long)

Kill it with Fire (First person action game, approx 3 hours long)

Supraland (First person puzzle/action game, approx 13 hours long)

Superliminal (First person puzzle game, approx 3 hours long)

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (2D Metroidvania, approx 6 hours long.)

Happy voting!

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. The Pedestrian

2. Kill It with Fire

2 weeks for Deedlit

DJRebyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Supraland

2. Record of Lodoss (2 Weeks should be fine)

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Pedestrian

2. Superliminal

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ALLTheDinos

1. The Pedestrian

2. Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (because I haven’t been able to get the name of this game out of my head since I first heard it and it must be exorcised. Also, 2 weeks for it is fine)

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

1. The Pedestrian

2. Superliminal

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By noboners

1. Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (2 weeks is okay)

2. Kill It With Fire

(Thanks again for kicking off the voting process and starting this @bigsocrates )

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

1) Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

2) Supraland

Two weeks seems fine for a six hour game.

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

1. Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (2 weeks is fine for me)

2. Superliminal

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Record of Lodoss War (2 weeks is fine)

2. Superliminal

AshuSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Superliminal

2. The Pedestrian

3. Record of Lodoss War (2 weeks is fine)

I recommended Supraland as a discussion point as I think it’s easy to miss it but I’d save that for later due to the longer length versus these.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

1. The Pedestrian

2. Kill It with Fire

darkwing_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Record of Lodoss War (2 weeks is fine)

2. The Pedestrian

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bigsocrates  Online

As far as I can tell we have a tie between Record of Lodoss War and The Pedestrian at 17 points each. If I'm wrong someone can correct me but I counted multiple times.

I'm going to break the tie in favor of The Pedestrian because I think it will make for a more interesting discussion. Also, on a selfish note, I've finished the game and I'd like to discuss it while my impressions are still moderately fresh.

Record of Lodoss War, Superliminal, and Kill it With Fire will all be included in the next voting thread. Supraland cannot be renominated for this coming cycle but can be nominated again for future cycles after that. Nominations for the upcoming cycle are generally open but voting for this cycle is closed.

Thanks for voting everyone!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By htr10

Ok, next game is The Pedestrian. Downloading it now. Looking forward to it. What’s the end date for this cycle?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: We're doing two week cycles, so January 31, 2022.