Updating games on the ps3

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#1  Edited By Jazz

Is there any way, beyond turning off the net connection, that I can just skip updates for games? 
I have a really shit net connection, and waiting 3+ hours to play a game I just got so it can patch for some shitty multiplayer I will never play is not amusing. 
This constant 'you must update to 1.08' blah crap during gameplay is what I want to get rid of, so is there anyway beyond turning off the connection to do that? 

'Preciate the help

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Just sign out of PSN and refuse any prompts to sign in it gives you when you try and launch the game.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Gav47

Press O when you are prompted to update.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
@Gav47 said:
" Press O when you are prompted to update. "
What he said. 

But when did it start popping up during gameplay? 
I have never seen it do that ever! :(
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@ZeForgotten said:
" @Gav47 said:
What he said.  But when did it start popping up during gameplay? I have never seen it do that ever! :( "
I'm pretty sure it doesn't pop up during gameplay, because I had a couple of games I never updated because the updates kept stopping downloading randomly, and it never happened to me. Although I suppose it may be something new, but I doubt that. 
Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Gav47
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @Gav47 said:
What he said.  But when did it start popping up during gameplay? I have never seen it do that ever! :( "
I'm pretty sure it doesn't pop up during gameplay, because I had a couple of games I never updated because the updates kept stopping downloading randomly, and it never happened to me. Although I suppose it may be something new, but I doubt that.  "
It does pop up all the time, and it something they really need to fix. When I don't want to update I go the the Internet connection menu and just turn off the connection.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#7  Edited By Jazz
@Gav47 said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @Gav47 said:
I'm pretty sure it doesn't pop up during gameplay, because I had a couple of games I never updated because the updates kept stopping downloading randomly, and it never happened to me. Although I suppose it may be something new, but I doubt that.  "
It does pop up all the time, and it something they really need to fix. When I don't want to update I go the the Internet connection menu and just turn off the connection. "
It really really does pop up during gameplay, it always has, and it drives me insane. 
So no way to fix it but turn off the connection huh? 

They really do need to fix it. 
Anyhow, thanks for the input