UPF - June 2, 2017 - Was there one?

Outrager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was there a UPF on June 2? I don't see an archive yet.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nux

The archive got corrupted and Jason it trying to fix it.

Outrager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nux: Oh okay. Thanks.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Awesome, I was hoping to find an answer to this. I had to work a 12 hour shift and was too tired to watch but then surprised one wasn't up.

tnecniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did they play this week?

Lumbermancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be forever known as The Lost UPF.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TuxedoCruise

@tnecniv: Titanfall 2, Portal Knights, and Tekken 7.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Has there ever been a GB stream that got damaged and was never archived as a result? I know there have been some spontaneous streams over the years, for example relatively recently Brad played a session of Recore that never got archived, but I can't recall a UPF or TNT type show not making it.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By forteexe21

@boonsong: I wasn't visiting the site during the Whiskey days but it looks like the first TNTs weren't archived on the site proper but can be found on the unarchived youtube page. See: last pages of the QL Crew search.

I think it is less likely for recent premium streams to not be archived cause they can use the quick archive they use like E3 streams. Unless thats been changed with the new servers/transcoding. In short, unless everything, including local and remote redundancies, got corrupted, there should be an archive but we should be patient as its the weekend and only Jason would be able to fix it.

There have also been some deleted videos like Kessler's soup wallet but those are not streams.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow that must have been a crazy thing to happen. I've hear them talk about all the redundancy they had built in to the system. But sometimes not matter how prepared you are disaster can strike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forteexe21: Oh you're totally right. I forgot about those early TNT shows. There is also the first Big Live Live Show that was lost to the internet, I have yet to find an archive of it. Actually I think I remember it being up on Justin.tv at one point, but when that shut down for Twitch that all got deleted. Not a stream but I also remember the GTA IV Lost and Damned QL having to be taken down like a day after it was up, luckily I think someone uploaded it on Dailymotion or something later on.

Anyway, I have faith in Jason being able to restore it. What all of this reminds me most of though is if there will ever surface an archive of Greg Kasavin's Oblivion marathon stream from when he was at Gamespot. There are only short highlight videos available on Youtube.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong said:

@forteexe21: Oh you're totally right. I forgot about those early TNT shows. There is also the first Big Live Live Show that was lost to the internet, I have yet to find an archive of it. Actually I think I remember it being up on Justin.tv at one point, but when that shut down for Twitch that all got deleted. Not a stream but I also remember the GTA IV Lost and Damned QL having to be taken down like a day after it was up, luckily I think someone uploaded it on Dailymotion or something later on.

Anyway, I have faith in Jason being able to restore it. What all of this reminds me most of though is if there will ever surface an archive of Greg Kasavin's Oblivion marathon stream from when he was at Gamespot. There are only short highlight videos available on Youtube.

Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyOQATcR7A

Mirror if its blocked in your country like mine: http://eachvideo.com/watch?v=XOyOQATcR7A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forteexe21: Ah that's the one. I forgot it got uploaded last year. I remember now what I was looking for specifically was the block party that was after the live show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBunNWiYL6k

It included a drunken Rorie, dancing Ana and a screaming Karen Snider. Damn I really wish that stream got archived.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong I watched it live and I'm pretty sure after that too, so chances are there's a copy somewhere

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes there was. Did you miss anything? No.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corwag said:

That's not exactly for you to decide now, is it?

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rigas: I don't think they used their regular equipment due to the studio breakdown for E3. (But one have to say it's pretty crazy for a CBS owned company to have to break down a perfectly fine studio just to do E3, but hey, budgets? I guess. It sucks.)

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@corwag said:

Let him post his opinion

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corwag said:

Yes.

Homer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Homer33

this sucks...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matoya: and let others respond to it?

besides when/if it's posted he can lament the death of gbwest in the comments then. :)

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam:

@matoya: and let others respond to it?

besides when/if it's posted he can lament the death of gbwest in the comments then. :)

i will :)