VinnyVania next game, Symphony of the Night?

renegade1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renegade1973

Come on GBEast - surely its time for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

They gotta do Bloodlines before Symphony of the Night.

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should skip both and move onto the real showstopper Castlevania 64

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, if they go in order of release, Bloodlines is next. SotN would be after that.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@shoey920: That's probably a good way to get them to stop the series, come to think of it.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By peacebrother

I feel like post SOTN Castlevania isn't the vibe that the series has/needs. Nothing about the SOTN style games evoke that frustration and difficulty of the older Castlevanias. And Vinny overcoming the difficulty is what's so great about it.

RyuseiDate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peacebrother: It's probably because I couldn't really get into the control scheme, but I feel like Circle of the Moon might be the only post-SOTN Vania that would be fun to watch Vinny overcome.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Bloodliiiiiiiiiines. Please. I love it so.

That said, SOTN is great, too.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC didn't they already skip Bloodlines?

Also Bloodlines would be hella rough for a new run, limited continues and all make it not conducive in beating the game in a timely manner in a video series.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel like post SOTN Castlevania isn't the vibe that the series has/needs. Nothing about the SOTN style games evoke that frustration and difficulty of the older Castlevanias. And Vinny overcoming the difficulty is what's so great about it.

From this angle, I would probably say that the series ends with SotN. That said, if Vinny decided to keep going I would follow him to the ends of the earth. Gotta be there for when he finally kills Draq.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By csl316

Bloodlines, Bloodlines, Bloodlines.

Symphony of the Night is fantastic, occasionally my favorite of all time. But it's pretty easy, and if they get lost we'll be stuck with a nightmare comment section. Vinnyvania has been about making the impossible happen.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always get super confused by the Castlevania timeline. I was gonna feel bad about that, then I saw this:

No Caption Provided

Even ignoring the pachinko games, that's a lot of damn Castlevania

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really should play Bloodlines next, because it is very very good. And also next.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love me some Bloodlines but with the lack of continues I don't know if it's a good fit for a GB stream. I'd love it, sure, but most duders may get bored of the repetition (assuming Vinny doesn't first).

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lv4monk said:

I really love me some Bloodlines but with the lack of continues I don't know if it's a good fit for a GB stream. I'd love it, sure, but most duders may get bored of the repetition (assuming Vinny doesn't first).

As long as we make it explicit to Vinny that getting down the level passwords is absolutely crucial, it shouldn't be an issue. It's an unfortunate and slightly inconvenient design choice, but it's effectively the same as continues anyway. It's a really great game, probably one of my favorite Castlevania games (plus the music is composed by the same person as SOTN!), so it'd be a shame for them to skip over it.

(From what I recall it's not especially challenging compared to what they've already faced, too).

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummytreesap: Maybe, but if I remember correctly the passwords save your continue count, doable if you're careful but still easy to box yourself into a corner.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ah, Lament of Innocence is my favorite Castlvania after Castlvania 1. I just don't think vinnyvania will get that far. One can hope. One can dream.

Vinny, Alex, Austin I'll follow you to the vania end.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vrikk

God, if they can get through the two N64 Castlevania games, they are gods among men.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bloodlines!!!!!

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So, SotN after Bloodlines? I doubt they'd play the SNES version of Rondo of Blood. Here's hoping.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I don't know if I want to watch SoTN. Nonlinear games sort of feel like they're not in the spirit of VinnyVania.

Maybe it's time to move on. How about an Austin vs Mega Man series?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I want to watch SoTN. Nonlinear games sort of feel like they're not in the spirit of VinnyVania.

Maybe it's time to move on. How about an Austin vs Mega Man series?

You skipped Simon's Quest?

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did in fact tune out / skip ahead a lot during all the wandering in CV2.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@roomrunner: SotN is the best Castlevania though, wereas Simon's Quest is pretty much one of the worst. Not really comparable.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're going to do SOTN they should save it for a point where there's a lull in the event and release schedule. They should also consider having Austin or Alex look at a walkthrough ahead of time to kind of check list the bosses and the major things they need to do to in order to get the good ending. The great thing about that game is that if you're having a hard time advancing there are a lot of systems and a leveling mechanic that lets you build up your character but if you have the time you can also "skill" your way through it with a much weaker character. Solid design throughout that whole thing..

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roomrunner: SotN is the best Castlevania though, wereas Simon's Quest is pretty much one of the worst. Not really comparable.

Hey, I was just told they're the same, and didn't put up an argument. Take it up with that guy for making the comparison.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castlevania Adventures for the original Gameboy! That game is terrible!