Voting on what to quicklook?

wholemeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wholemeal

Is there somewhere to submit a request for a quicklook or put a vote in for a community chosen quicklook? If not, any particular reason why it might be a bad idea?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

You can try to lobby for a specific title in the I Love Mondays comments or on twitter, but ultimately they will Quick Look whatever grabs their attention.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Andorski

People usually make suggestions to the crew through Twitter and other social media sites. I think having them do a mandatory quicklook on a game chosen by the community would be a bad idea. The GB crew should have creative authority on what they cover. It's the backbone of how this site runs.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mellotronrules

i'm sure the boys take tips- try twitter or commenting on relevant forums (they read them).

as for a community choice or vote- i'd really rather they didn't. my primary reason for reading this site is their editorial 'voice'- to have a popular vote would defeat that purpose. if the content isn't coming from their own personal decisions, i'm not interested.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

Giant Bomb Greenlight is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By impartialgecko

@BisonHero said:

So people will just submit slenderman games until Jeff has to go round to their houses and take $100 from them for being annoying?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@adam1808 said:

@BisonHero said:

So people will just submit slenderman games until Jeff has to go round to their houses and take $100 from them for being annoying?

Yes, that is the ideal scenario.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Hizang

Where the fuck is my Runescape quick look?

The time is now!

wholemeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By wholemeal

@Andorski: @mellotronrules:

Not so much mandatory but like a poll once a week that would be a tool for them to gauge what the community is interested at any one time. And it doesn't need to be all their content just something once in a while.

You guys are right though, the feel and statement of the site is to have an independent 'voice', but i've heard it from jeff that the community is also a very important aspect of the site. What better way to interact with the community than to have them look at a game that the community is interested in buying. For instance, i want to know what Town (steam) is about and there really isn't a way here on the site to let them know that it would be an interesting game to look at. I don't mean to say that they should bend to my will and look at the things only i want them to look at, but putting my vote into something (and hopefully other people's votes) would be something cool.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kerned

I like the idea in theory, but I think the guys do a perfectly fine job on their own of figuring out what to Quick Look each week. I think a suggestion thread would be fine, but nothing that should be considered in any way "binding."

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McGhee

Voting is a terrible idea. I'm not here for your ideas. I'm here for the GB crew's.

But if you and others make a lot of noise about an obscure game they will notice it and may like the idea of Quick Looking the game.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

Other than Vinny/Drew/Dave chiming in about some random PC games I think this page pretty much informs their I Love Mondays' Quick Look calls - giantbomb.com/new-games

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dropabombonit

Seems a decent idea but I feel that they usually cover most of the games I'm interested in playing. Except they didn't do a Fifa 13 quick look, would have loved to see that

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By BeachThunder
IntoTheN1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IntoTheN1ght

It would be a great idea because nobody really cares about yearly re releases of new games in 2012, how many people really want to watch a QL of say the newest Medal of Honor? Or some other game that will be forgotten in a mere week?

If members could vote, they would likely have them Quick Look major releases (obviously) and retro games from the past.

I, and many in this community, rather watch them Quick Look a old classic like Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Shatterhand etc than QL some game of the-week-uninspired-crap.

Quick Looks:

Major releases (Halo's, Call of Duty's, Zelda's, Final Fantasies, Gran Turimo's and other major titles)

Retro games

Silly, dumb, Kinect shit (because they are the funniest usually)

The Friday the 13th video with Ryan and Patrick is one of the best videos they have produced in a long time