Wanna trade in my Wii...

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By unclejohn0525

So I have an old and busted Wii that turns on sometimes and doesn't other times. I want to trade it in to Gamestop to possibly put toward a WiiU, but I'm not entirely sure if they test it right there and then. Just wondering if I'll be able to fuck them over, because fuck Gamestop. Thanks guys!

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Be honest with whoever you're selling it to. You'd be better off selling it on Ebay listed as broken and as is and describe the condition.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bell_End

im sure they just hand cash over for any old crap with out switching it on or anything... i mean why would they?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JasonR86

Don't we all...

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@unclejohn0525 said:

So I have an old and busted Wii that turns on sometimes and doesn't other times. I want to trade it in to Gamestop to possibly put toward a WiiU, but I'm not entirely sure if they test it right there and then. Just wondering if I'll be able to fuck them over, because fuck Gamestop. Thanks guys!

The last time I traded in a console (this was over 5 years ago) they plugged it and put a disk in it to see if it could at least run. No idea if they still do this now a days.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unclejohn0525

Well I figure i've got about a 50/50 chance of screwing them (which is my goal, because again, fuck Gamestop) because that's about the chance of it working when they inevitably do test it.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chilibean_3

I know someone who traded in a busted 360 about a year ago and they didn't test it. It's a scumbag move but if you're all about that you have a good chance of getting away with it. It's probably a one of those things where some stores will always do it, some won't and will some sometimes will and some employees will always do it, some won't and some will sometimes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Roll the dice if they don't take it come back another time when different people are working and try again.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

Try it, but be ready to deal with the consequences.

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rihanna

Topic creator should grow up. You aren't "fucking over" Gamestop. You are "fucking over" the person who buys your broken Wii from gamestop.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mtcantor

You realize that you are also fucking the poor asshole who buys your second hand wii from Gamestop right? Might be some kid whose parents can only afford a used system.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marcsman

Bad karma man.........................

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Klei

@JasonR86 said:

Don't we all...

This. Thread solved.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By unclejohn0525

@Rihanna said:

Topic creator should grow up. You aren't "fucking over" Gamestop. You are "fucking over" the person who buys your broken Wii from gamestop.

@mtcantor said:

You realize that you are also fucking the poor asshole who buys your second hand wii from Gamestop right? Might be some kid whose parents can only afford a used system.

You're both right. hehehehehehehehehehehe

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By BonOrbitz

We all need a good fucking over. And when I say good I mean goooood.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By Hector

@unclejohn0525 said:

Well I figure i've got about a 50/50 chance of screwing them (which is my goal, because again, fuck Gamestop) because that's about the chance of it working when they inevitably do test it.

I say the best thing to do is listed on eBay and state the specific problems with the Wii. If you sell it to GameStop you will probably screw over some parent or child that can't afford a new Wii or Wii U.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sanity

When i traded in my DS on a 3DS they checked it... but thats a bit different being a handheld.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hector said:

@unclejohn0525 said:

I say the best thing to do is listed on eBay and state the specific problems with the Wii. If you sell it to GameStop you will probably screw over some parent or child that can't afford a new Wii or Wii U.

GOOD

Knochenkotzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you even get anything for a used wii anymore? I bought mine recently, brand new for 99€ O.o

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CreepingDeath0

@knochenkotzer said:

Do you even get anything for a used wii anymore? I bought mine recently, brand new for 99€ O.o

Here in the UK you can get maybe £9 or £10 for selling a Wii. As for a broken one, it probably wouldn't even be worth listing on ebay for how little you would get.

Edit: Strangely enough, specificly coloured ones go for considerably more. The black for about £21, and the blue for £29. Weird.