What 2014 games do you want to finish before 2015?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

So, ThatFrood is at it again, that rascal. Which made me realise that I should finish a bunch of games before the end of the year. Mainly, I want to complete (things that could possibly end up in my top 10):

• Alien: Isolation
  • Transistor
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • The Talos Principle

I have no idea if I'll actually complete them all. I blame Binding of Isaac: Rebirth :|

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I really want to play D4 and Sunset Overdrive but I don't have an Xbox One and none of my friends have one either.

Out of the games I'm actually capable of playing I don't think I've missed anything important this year. I guess Assassin's Creed Unity because I still kinda like the AC games but I'm waiting for the major problems to be fixed and for the price to go down.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I just play games I want to play. I stopped caring what year they were released in when I realized that I have too many games.

Then I spent a ton of money to get some Genesis games I don't have. I don't know that anything can help me at this point.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

A whole bunch of them, I've only just ordered a PS4 so I'm going to be diving head first in to Wolfenstein, Shadow of Mordor and Call of Duty. Still want to play South Park though, so that might be my last ever purchase of my venerable 360. Makes me a little chocked up thinking that *sniff*.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dragon age, but i made the mistake of playing forza horizon 2 first plz help

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just bought and im gonna try and finish them before the 28.

• Trials Fusion
  • Assassins Creed Rouge
  • Wolfenstien The New Order

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can probably get away with finishing Transistor in one sitting if you really dedicate yourself to it, that's what I did and I felt like it really helped keep me focus on piecing the story together.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I want to finish This War of Mine. Currently have a game going where I am pretty much set to make it. I'm on day 21 or so and the game randomly ends somewhere between day 30-50.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can probably get away with finishing Transistor in one sitting if you really dedicate yourself to it, that's what I did and I felt like it really helped keep me focus on piecing the story together.

You don't even have to 'dedicate yourself to it'. It's only 4 hours and if you don't do any of the optional challenges and are pretty decent at the combat you can finish it in 3.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Deception IV and DA Inquisition. I know I don't have to do all the sidequests in DA...but my scumbag brain won't let me not do all the sidequests in DA.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Corevi
@babychoochoo said:

Deception IV and DA Inquisition. I know I don't have to do all the sidequests in DA...but my scumbag brain won't let me not do all the sidequests in DA.

Most of the sidequests in Inquisition don't have unique dialogue or characters and are just "collect 20 bear asses".

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@corevi said:
@babychoochoo said:

Most of the sidequests in Inquisition don't have unique dialogue or characters and are just "collect 20 bear asses".

I know and I'm totally okay with that. I enjoy the combat and exploration enough that the monotony of a lot of the sidequests doesn't bother me.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Dark Souls II
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
  • Alien Isolation

So basically, no chance in hell. I never did get too far in Dark Souls II so I'm thinking I might start that over from scratch on the PC.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age, D4 and South Park for me. However I'm really not sure I will manage it, currently gone back to Borderlands 2 (which for whatever reason I never finished) so that I can play Tales from the Borderlands.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I just picked up Pokemon Omega Ruby. Don't necessarily need to finish it, since I already played Ruby on the GBA when it released. But man, it's making me realize I really, really liked Ruby. I think it's the best game in the series. I do want to get far enough to safely add it to my list under 'best remake' category.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd really like to go back and give Wolfenstein another shot. The only other major one would be This War of Mine, but I have a feeling that ones gonna slip into January. Somehow I've managed to stay pretty much on top of what I was interested in this year.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a big one for me.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I want to play Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes before the year end, but I'm about a third of the way through Peace Walker and I want to finish that first.

I'd also love to get the "Real Platinum God" trophy in The Binding of Isaac, but I'm still waiting on the patch.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joshakazam

@corevi said:
@lilman1101 said:

You don't even have to 'dedicate yourself to it'. It's only 4 hours and if you don't do any of the optional challenges and are pretty decent at the combat you can finish it in 3.

Well you never know the time quotas some people may have, and honestly, nowadays with Steam i'm genuinely surprised if one of my friends plays the same game for more than 4 hours.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

The many games that I have that I haven't finished yet (some I've barely started), like:

• Shadow of Mordor
  • The Evil Within
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Tales From the Borderlands Episode 1
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still working on 2011-12...

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I won't be spending anymore money on AAA games, and I know I don't have the time anyway to finish them.

So I'm just going to spend the rest of December playing through most of the notable small/indie games I haven't played/finished. That includes:

• Jazzpunk
  • Child of Light
  • Transistor
  • The Banner Saga
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Road Not Taken
  • Super Time Force

I could probably knock off Jazzpunk, Transistor, Road Not Taken and Super Time Force all in one week's worth of time. I could try to finish Child of Light next week, Wolf Among Us the week after, and Banner Saga for the last week of December.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd like to get through Divinity Original Sin, but that seems unrealistic. I love RPGs but I need time to recharge after I play one, and this year has been a non stop flood. My more attainable targets are Jazzpunk, Banner Saga, and possibly Wolf Among Us, and Captain Toad.